Windows 10: Mic works fine when right up to face but when at a normal distance its too quiet to hear

Discus and support Mic works fine when right up to face but when at a normal distance its too quiet to hear in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I installed windows 10 onto my computer and while using it one of my friends told me he couldn't hear me, so I tested the mic and I noticed it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nate4000, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Nate4000 Win User

Mic works fine when right up to face but when at a normal distance its too quiet to hear

Recently I installed windows 10 onto my computer and while using it one of my friends told me he couldn't hear me, so I tested the mic and I noticed it was super quiet but when its put up to my face it sounds fine. does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

Nate4000, Sep 8, 2021

2. Headphones are very Quiet in one hear and fine in the other

Headphones are very Quiet in one hear and fine in the other, this happed before so I restarted my laptop and it and it was fixed. but yesterday it just got EXTREMLY Quiet in a ear, so I restarted it and it didn't work. I tried a different headphone it
    it did the same, but I tired my other device and it worked fine. what do I do?

Thunderclap_26, Sep 8, 2021
  3. Mic quiet - This is silly

I have looked through numerous posts on this site and no one has a solution. Honestly I have no idea why I expect any different results.

Anyways my Mic is too quiet, no one can hear me. They can if I yell, and I mean yell. Like the yell you got when your parents were pissed, blood vessels bursting yell. But even then it's still quiet.

That last update caused this. Before it worked fine.

I reformatted and now the problem persists.

This is obviously Microsoft's fault, have they found a fix yet?

THEMIKEBERG, Sep 8, 2021
  4. Mic works fine when right up to face but when at a normal distance its too quiet to hear

Headphones are very Quiet in one hear and fine in the other

Hi,

There's a possibility that some settings in your sound properties are not properly set. For possible solution, we suggest that you follow the suggested workaround provided by
    Yashwanth Kotakuri on this thread.

We also suggest that you check the balance level of your headphone by following these steps:

• Right click the little speaker icon near the clock on the taskbar.
    • Click Playback devices.
    • Double-click the Headphones.
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • Then check the Balance of left and right.
    We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

Lawrence Lib, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

Mic works fine when right up to face but when at a normal distance its too quiet to hear

1. Mic works fine when right up to face but when at a normal distance its too quiet to hear - Similar Threads - Mic works fine

2. Mic is too quiet on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic is too quiet on pc: My Realtek audio mic is incredibly quiet. I've checked the driver updates and there aren't any. When I turn up my microphone boost, it crackles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-too-quiet-on-pc/6cf785b0-42d7-4807-ad58-0853659ecc54
  3. Mic is too quiet on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is too quiet on pc: My Realtek audio mic is incredibly quiet. I've checked the driver updates and there aren't any. When I turn up my microphone boost, it crackles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-too-quiet-on-pc/6cf785b0-42d7-4807-ad58-0853659ecc54
  4. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  5. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  6. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB Mic still too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Mic still too quiet: I turned the microphone up to full 100% guage, but the sound was still low.It also doesn't have a sound boost tab.My mic is Sudotack ST-900 condenser mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mic-still-too-quiet/89ccaf82-df1e-4d9d-b9eb-a48b0ed5446f
  8. USB Mic still too quiet

USB Mic still too quiet: I turned the microphone up to full 100% guage, but the sound was still low.It also doesn't have a sound boost tab.My mic is Sudotack ST-900 condenser mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mic-still-too-quiet/89ccaf82-df1e-4d9d-b9eb-a48b0ed5446f
  9. Mic too quiet when plugged into xbox controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic too quiet when plugged into xbox controller: My mic is way to quiet when plugged into my xbox controller. Ive checked the levels for the mic, check my headset and tried 2 different computers, so it has to be either the controller or the drivers. Any idea? submitted by /u/MJM247 [link] [comments]...
  10. usb mic too quiet for other people to hear

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb mic too quiet for other people to hear: I have had some trouble with my usb headset mic because its too quiet even when i shout into it. I've seen some other questions about this but they don't help. if anyone has a solution please help....