Windows 10: Mic

Discus and support Mic in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my Mic plug in but nothing happens. I have been through all the locations on this PC but no where do I see a Mic Icon to make adjustments,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MitchMitchell1, May 10, 2019.

1. Mic

I have my Mic plug in but nothing happens. I have been through all the locations on this PC but no where do I see a Mic Icon to make adjustments, Thank you

:)

MitchMitchell1, May 10, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, May 10, 2019
  3. Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 10, 2019
  4. Mic

Suddenly my system won't use a mic

One important step, try your mic with a different computer.

Papahyooie, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Mic

1. Mic - Similar Threads - Mic

2. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  3. The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "Host process for windows services" is always using my mic, but the "Listen to this...: I was trying to disable the "Host process for windows services" mic, and searched up how to turn off the mic. I read through and followed the steps, and everyone said to uncheck the "Listen to this device" option, but when I looked at it, the option was already turned off,...
  4. Airpods connected mic, but no output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connected mic, but no output.: I've been trying to connect my Gen 2 Airpods Pro to my Windows 11 PC laptop, but I've encountered a problem. After successfully pairing and connecting the Airpods, it says Connected Mic, but nothing else. I go to output options, and there is nothing but the standard speakers...
  5. Airpods connected mic, but no output.

Airpods connected mic, but no output.: I've been trying to connect my Gen 2 Airpods Pro to my Windows 11 PC laptop, but I've encountered a problem. After successfully pairing and connecting the Airpods, it says Connected Mic, but nothing else. I go to output options, and there is nothing but the standard speakers...
  6. [Phonelink] default windows mic not being used for apps like textnow even if it is made as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Phonelink] default windows mic not being used for apps like textnow even if it is made as...: well my issue is that phonelink does use the default windows mic for calling from my main phone app but when i use a app like textnow it uses the phone's mic.and i already tried making textnow or even google voice app the default calling app but it still only uses the phone's...
  7. [Phonelink] default windows mic not being used for apps like textnow even if it is made as...

[Phonelink] default windows mic not being used for apps like textnow even if it is made as...: well my issue is that phonelink does use the default windows mic for calling from my main phone app but when i use a app like textnow it uses the phone's mic.and i already tried making textnow or even google voice app the default calling app but it still only uses the phone's...
  8. mic isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic isnt working: my brand new mic works on other devices but refuses to give a squeak on my pc. its a usb mic. ive done everything suggested in help forums and it still isnt working. ive also tried with airpods and none of the options i have worked, yet they worked elsewhere, so i know this...
  9. mic isnt working

mic isnt working: my brand new mic works on other devices but refuses to give a squeak on my pc. its a usb mic. ive done everything suggested in help forums and it still isnt working. ive also tried with airpods and none of the options i have worked, yet they worked elsewhere, so i know this...
  10. Headset with mic not working

Headset with mic not working: I have tried to use a headset with a mic and when I plug it in it doesn't read the mic and I've tried everything. I have a dell optiplex 7060 sff with i5-8500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-mic-not-working/b1163060-1738-49ba-868e-fac2316ef001