Windows 10: mice and pointing device

Discus and support mice and pointing device in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Saurav S Nair, May 14, 2022.

1. mice and pointing device

In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it because my touchpad was not showing so, with external mouse when I selected 1 driver from the mice & pointing device to update after that only , one driver is left ELAN input device and after using fn+f1 now , my touchpad is working , I think that i have deleted the driver by update.

:)

Saurav S Nair, May 14, 2022

2. Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager

My laptop is set for auto update. After an update loaded today my touchpad quit working. I tried several thing to turn it on but nothing worked. When I went to my device manager there is no longer Mice and Other Pointing Devices, listed. How can I fix
    this?

ThomasDelia, May 14, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Mics And Pointing devices Not Found

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to find Mice and Pointing devices in Device Manager. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

3. Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? Refer
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

One of the things I would suggest you is to check hidden devices and see if there are any Touchpad drivers. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X and select Device Manager.
    2. Click on View and select Show hidden devices.
    3. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    4. Right click on the device and select Update Drivers.

If you do not find any Hidden devices, I would suggest you to try downloading the drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and installing them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 14, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

mice and pointing device

After Windows update Mice is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if I t

Method 1: Run hardware and device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest Mice and other pointing devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the HID compliant mouse and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, May 14, 2022
Thema:

mice and pointing device

1. mice and pointing device - Similar Threads - mice pointing device

2. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mice and pointing device: In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it...
  3. mice and pointing device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mice and pointing device: In my mice and pointing device instead of 2 only 1 driver is showing after update , I forget the name of the 2 drivers but now in the only 1 driver is showing & that is ELAN input device . I want to know that by this can , I face any issue in the future . I have updated it...
  4. I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!: Hi Everyone,I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0107tu and 3 days back, while I was using my Laptop and left it for few minutes untouched, the touchpad was not working. I opened Device Manager I saw that there is a error 10 With the I2C Device From HID...
  5. I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!: Hi Everyone,I have a HP Pavilion x360 Convertible Laptop PC 14-dh0107tu and 3 days back, while I was using my Laptop and left it for few minutes untouched, the touchpad was not working. I opened Device Manager I saw that there is a error 10 With the I2C Device From HID...
  6. I2C Device Error and Mice and Pointing Devices Missing!

7. mice and other pointing devices not appearing in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mice and other pointing devices not appearing in device manager: Hello, I have a problem which I cannot resolve. The 'mice and other pointing devices' is not appearing in the device manager. Which mean there is no mouse pointer on the windows operating and therefore I cannot move or click on anything on screen. Can anybody help me figure...
  8. Mice and other pointing devices missing

Mice and other pointing devices missing: I had been facing some issues with my registry for a few months, and because of which I was not able to update my windows. Also, yesterday my mouse pointer started freezing randomly and frequently and it won't start unless restarted, sometimes it didn't start after restarting...
  9. MICE AND POINTING DEVICES DISSAPEARED FROM DEVICE MANAGER

MICE AND POINTING DEVICES DISSAPEARED FROM DEVICE MANAGER: hi my pc was working and one day it sudeenly stopped detecting my mouse i bought new mouse with PC/2 jack still no difference thats because no mice in device manager probably i tried upgrading drivers etc still nothing helps i am running on windows 10 ltsc version tried to...
  10. Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager

Mice and other pointing devices missing from Device Manager: My laptop is set for auto update. After an update loaded today my touchpad quit working. I tried several thing to turn it on but nothing worked. When I went to my device manager there is no longer Mice and Other Pointing Devices, listed. How can I fix this?...