Windows 10: Micro/Mu (µ) symbol key stopped working after 2004 update

Discus and support Micro/Mu (µ) symbol key stopped working after 2004 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using a German keyboard, which has an "alt graph" key (right alt key, or AltGr) to access a tertiary symbol on certain keys (in addition to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Novgorod, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Novgorod Win User

Micro/Mu (µ) symbol key stopped working after 2004 update

I'm using a German keyboard, which has an "alt graph" key (right alt key, or AltGr) to access a tertiary symbol on certain keys (in addition to a secondary symbol accessible by the shift key), for example @ (AltGr+Q), (AltGr+E) or (AltGr+M). This is common for other languages as well, which use extended alphabets.

I realized after updating Windows 10 (Education) from 1909 to 2004 that the (AltGr+M) keyboard input no longer does anything, as if no key was pressed. All other symbols accessible by AltGr (e.g. ) still work, only the disappeared. I can't think of anything else that has happened to the system before I realized it; maybe another Nvidia GPU driver update, but nothing that could affect something as fundamental as the keyboard driver. I've checked on another 1909 system with German keyboard and the still works, but I don't have another 2004 PC to test at the moment (and I don't want to update another one while this bug still exists).

Notably, it's not a problem with the physical keyboard because I get the same behavior when using the on-screen keyboard:

Micro/Mu (µ) symbol key stopped working after 2004 update [​IMG]

All AltGr symbols work except for (I'm copy+pasting it right now in case you're wondering Micro/Mu (µ) symbol key stopped working after 2004 update :)). Any idea where I can even start troubleshooting? I tried rebooting and switching input languages back and forth, which did nothing.

:)

Novgorod, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Gryphnn Win User

Keycombination for the letter µ

I have a Surface Book 2 device with a German keyboard, on which the M-key also has the option to output the Greek letter µ. Usually on every keyboard I can write µ
    with the simple combination "Alt+Ctrl+M". Except for the surface book 2 on which this doesn't work even though it shows the letter on the keyboard. So how can this be fixed?

The GeForce Experience App from Nvidia is intervening with this Key combination, so in order for my µ-Key combination to work, I have to manually terminate the App process. Which is an unnecessary
    expense, since this background program is mostly needed.

Gryphnn, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

Hi - I am facing an issue for the past few days after updating Windows 10(auto-update). Left Control key in Notebook keypad stopped working after the update and I have tried many steps suggested in various forums. None has worked so far, so hoping for some
    help here. Below are the steps I have already tried:

1. Update Keyboard Driver

2. Uninstall keyboard driver

3. Complete any pending Windows update

4. Make English US the default language & remove others.

All these were suggested in various forums which have worked for others but none of these have solved the issue for me.

Sachin87GR, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Micro/Mu (µ) symbol key stopped working after 2004 update

Microsoft Money 2004 not working with Win10

Money 2004 Stopped Working---(The day before the following happened.):

• Vegas Video, A DVD Program failed to start.
      It informed me that the .Net framework that to be turned on.

• I entered the Control Panel

• 'Clicked' on Turn Windows Features On/Off

• 'Clicked' and 'check' the box to turn on .NET Framework 3.5 (includes.net 2.0 and 3.0)

• This process took a long time to download and install.

• After turning the computer off and restarting Vegas Video and my HP scanning software worked great, but Money 2004 did not work.

• The following day 'new' updates were downloaded and installed.
      After that Money 2004 has worked great.

• Some of the updates could have addressed the change in the .NET Framework 3.5 and/or others could have address the problem I had with Money 2004.

• Money 2004, Vegas Video and my HP Software all work great.

rlw

RobertWarexyz, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Micro/Mu (µ) symbol key stopped working after 2004 update

1. Micro/Mu (µ) symbol key stopped working after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Micro symbol key

2. WIN key is not working after Windows Update of version 2004.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN key is not working after Windows Update of version 2004.: Today I updated my win 10 version 2004 to the latest updates. After some time my win key stopped working from my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-key-is-not-working-after-windows-update-of/a6d2ef01-8cfb-44d2-8b64-df623cec578d
  3. The license stop working after the september update for 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The license stop working after the september update for 2004: Hi my laptop has a clean install of Windows 10 Pro Education 2004 with the corresponding license, at some point at the beginning of September it start to ask for the license saying "We can't activate Windows on this device because the product key was already used on another...
  4. E-MU 0404 PCI-e the sound card stopped working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E-MU 0404 PCI-e the sound card stopped working after Windows update: Драйвер устанавливается в систему, но звуковая карта не хочет работать. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-mu-0404-pci-e-the-sound-card-stopped-working/44ee88c3-59cb-4cc0-9527-5c659a332c1c
  5. Headphone jack stopped working after Update 2004

Headphone jack stopped working after Update 2004: Since the latest Windows 10 update, version 2004, my headphone jack and task manager have stopped working properly. Basically, nothing I plug into the jack is detected. When I run the troubleshooter, it says that no device is plugged in. However, if I re-boot the computer...
  6. Obs stopped working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Obs stopped working after 2004 update: Obs stopped working after 2004 update it was fine yesterday..kindly help [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/obs-stopped-working-after-2004-update/e88fa586-f9c3-4a3e-91d2-ba8e2181c6a6
  7. Video player stopped working after update to 2004 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Video player stopped working after update to 2004 version: When I am using Movies and TV, the sound is playing but not the video. I do not have any issue with KMPlayer. I get an error code Missing codec 0x887a0004....
  8. Micro does not work after W10 1909 update

Micro does not work after W10 1909 update: Hello, a lot of people are having problems with micro after 1909 update. In my case it is external micro issueA Plantronics headset that does not get input sound anymore after this update. I obviously tried everything on the Microsoft guide to fix. Windows recognize micro...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004

Keyboard and Mouse Stopped Working After Updating To Version 2004: I was using windows 10 version 1909.It was running fine but after updating to windows inside progamme .I got version 2004. After Updating to version 2004.After updating.I realized the windows was not detecting my mouse and keyboard.I tried to use windows in recovery mode.But...
  10. mu usb is not working

mu usb is not working: my usb is not recognized and will not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mu-usb-is-not-working/a611f7b9-0c53-4b9e-b899-3d0b4d21f589

Users found this page by searching for:

1. symbol μ not working on keyboard