Windows 10: Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected

Discus and support Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was clearing out space on my SD card in my 2-in-1 tablet laptop so I can update to latest build because Windows Update is stubborn as hell.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CreativeGamer03, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected

So I was clearing out space on my SD card in my 2-in-1 tablet laptop so I can update to latest build because Windows Update is stubborn as hell. However, while in the middle of deleting files in my SD Card, explorer.exe starts to become unresponsive, hanging both the windows explorer window and MEGAsync (I was backing up my photos before deleting them away). Because of this, I ejected my sd card, and reinsert I again. That was the time the sd card became write-protected. I did DISKPART: - sel disk 1 - attr disk clear readonly - the disk is still write-protected (Current Read-Only State: Yes; Read-Only: No) I did CHKDSK: - found "orphan" sectors but can't fix those errors bc its write-protected.

I once had this problem on a USB Drive but I fixed it using JetFlash repair tool, which involves wiping the drive as well. Idk about micro SD cards tho. Can someone help me?

submitted by /u/CreativeGamer03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CreativeGamer03, Sep 7, 2020
  2. jimlau Win User

SD card write-protection unwanted

I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status.
    I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry, but I'm worried that that would apply to all drives. Any suggestions? I don't want to erase all the files on the drive.
    And I tried 2 different adapters, which work on another SD card.
    Thanks.

jimlau, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Damun Win User
    SD card write-protection unwanted

Just a suggestion to make sure before you write it off:
    I have a SD card where the write protection tab is "loose" so that every time i insert it into a reader it moves to the "protect" position and when i pull it out, the tab moves back to the "write" position.
    I ended up taping it in the write position with a small piece of tape.

Edit:
    Nevermind. I just realized you're asking about a micro SD.... My bad.

Damun, Sep 7, 2020
  4. kam2007 Win User

Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected

Write Protected Micro SD Memory Card

I am using E61i, with 2 GB memory Card (Micro SD), when I try copying files on the Memory card using the (Micro SD Adapter) from the laptop, its giving write-protected ...

I am sure the adapter is not locked, and on the card there is no lock key, so any help on why its giving so?

kam2007, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected

1. Micro SD Card suddenly gets write-protected - Similar Threads - Micro Card suddenly

2. SD Card complaining write protected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SD Card complaining write protected: so when I plug in my sd card to my card reader, I can see it in file explorer, but I cannot write to it. the card is not write-protected and I tried reinstalling the sd card driver. this is an issue for multiple cards. Please help...
  3. SD Card complaining write protected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SD Card complaining write protected: so when I plug in my sd card to my card reader, I can see it in file explorer, but I cannot write to it. the card is not write-protected and I tried reinstalling the sd card driver. this is an issue for multiple cards. Please help...
  4. SD card write-protection unwanted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD card write-protection unwanted: I have a micro SD card which suddenly says it is write-protected. I made sure the small tab on the side was in the proper position. I also tried the disk part method but it had no effect on the read only status. I see there's another possible solution by editing the registry,...
  5. My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected

My Micro SD card thinks it's write protected: Hello, I need help with my Micro SD card. It is a 512 GB SD card and it is about 3 months old and it worked perfectly fine until recently. I think what caused it to go into write protection mode was that I made my iTunes iPhone backup symbolic linked to the SD card so that...
  6. SD Card Write Protection

SD Card Write Protection: I've been using my chromebook for modding my Wii u, and now that it's charger broke, I can't do that until I get a new one. The SD card works fine on that, but on my computer, the SD card is locked, no matter what. I've tried the Diskpart method, the RegEdit method, yet...
  7. micro sd cards

micro sd cards: so ive recently discovered a problem on my windows 10 machine that it doesnt correctly read large micro sd cards, but does correctly pick up smaller size ones. i also have a laptop that ive check, which correctly disaplys the large mirco sd card tho. itll be nice to know why...
  8. Write Protected SD card

Write Protected SD card: Hi, I want to format my SD card on my windows but I get the 'disk is write protected' notification. I tried removing the write protection through the command prompt but when I tried formatting afterwards it still gives the same notification. The SD card is not visible on my...
  9. SD Card write protection issues

SD Card write protection issues: I recently received a write protected message from multiple micro SD cards/SD card adapters. [ATTACH] I have edited my registry to remove write protection. [ATTACH] I have gone through command prompt and diskpart to attempt to format them. [ATTACH] And yes, I have...
  10. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Micro SD card suddenly write protected