Windows 10: Microcode Update for Intel CPU's

Discus and support Microcode Update for Intel CPU's in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I update my laptop ME firmware and my CPU microcode, the last one via Windows Update. Is it going to be an update for desktop processors? Because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 10600k, Nov 16, 2020.

1. 10600k Win User

Microcode Update for Intel CPU's

Hi! I update my laptop ME firmware and my CPU microcode, the last one via Windows Update. Is it going to be an update for desktop processors? Because the update for 10th gen Intel CPU's to update the microcode are only for mobile devices and i can't find one for desktop processors. I have a 10600K and i need to update my microcode because of the vulnerabilities that recently appear Platypus and others. Thanks in advance!

:)

10600k, Nov 16, 2020
  2. JimWynne Win User

Intel microcode update

The microcode updates in question are developed by Intel, not Microsoft. Microsoft is just the delivery boy. Don't shoot the messenger. It's Intel that hasn't provided the update that you're looking for.

JimWynne, Nov 16, 2020
  3. 7sean68 Win User
    Intel microcode update

my pc is out of Support in HP but my windows is still supported and my cpu is still supported so it's microsoft responsibility to deliver intel microcode updates as it delivered microcode updates to other chips.

Right now windows loads an old version of microcode into processor and It's microsoft responsibility to load the new microcode since they made themselves responsible for delivering drivers and every manufacturer says that windows 10 drivers will be delivered
    through windows updates

OR they can at least make a tool for us to update microcode but I'm sure they won't!!

7sean68, Nov 16, 2020
  4. 7sean68 Win User

Intel microcode update

it can also be done within OS. Actually windows loads microcode but it is not the latest one and according to this MS article MS released
    updates for only a few CPUs. So why didn't they release for the others

You can grab it directly from intel here for almost any OS other than windows (note that its date is 3/12/2018)

I'm not depending on hp because I know they won't release BIOS updates. Even if they release that won't be before a year!

7sean68, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Microcode Update for Intel CPU's - Similar Threads - Microcode Update Intel

2. Intel microcode update confusion

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Intel microcode update confusion: Windows 10 Home v 20H2 x64 Asking about Intel microcode update for Spectre/Meltdown protection. CPU is i5-2400S, and apparently KB4465065 addresses variants of both issues. However confused over whether or not this update can/should be applied: GRC InSpectre reports all...
  3. I can't update intel microcode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't update intel microcode: submitted by /u/Miss_barfin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgc6nx/i_cant_update_intel_microcode/
  4. Intel CPU Microcode Update for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel CPU Microcode Update for Windows 10 version 1909 and 1903: Microsoft released a patch KB4497165 that addresses issues related to Intel CPUs: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4497165/kb4497165-intel-microcode-updates You may visit MS Update Catalog and select the appropriate patch for your system, if your Intel CPU is...
  5. Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10: Microsoft has released Intel Microcode Updates for all supported versions of the company's Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft revised the support page on January 30, 2020. The update brings support for additional processors. In particular, all updates, regardless of...
  6. KB4100347: Intel microcode updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4100347: Intel microcode updates: WHY oh WHY would I need to install this on my AMD based Machine.. Please do tell Microsoft as the only chip in my machine that's actually made by Intel is the Network Interface Chip (NIC) and everything else is either AMD or Asmedia I can see no good reason for me to have to...
  7. KB4100347: Intel microcode updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4100347: Intel microcode updates: KB4100347: Intel microcode updates Applies to: Windows Server version 1803Windows 10 version 1803 Summary Intel recently announced that they have completed their validations and started to release microcode for recent CPU platforms related to Spectre Variant 2 (CVE...
  8. How to update the CPU's microcode

How to update the CPU's microcode: Good Morning All, I came from Linux to Windows 10. After 14 years, got tired of the Linux desktop mess. The experience has been good. I've been on W10 since the beginning of the year. Under Linux, CPU microcode updates were easy to deploy. My MB MFG (MSI) tells me short of...
  9. Intel microcode updates for 1803?

Intel microcode updates for 1803?: Is this available for download? 108843
  10. Asus CPU microcode update...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus CPU microcode update...: The system with Asus Prime Z370-A updated to BIOS version 0613, that includes the CPU microcode update. Benchmarking the drives and comparing to pre-update results show interesting results. System drive, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, M.2 NVMe x4 : [img] Updating the BIOS...