Windows 10: Microcode Updates für Spectre 3a, 4 und L1TF

Discus and support Microcode Updates für Spectre 3a, 4 und L1TF in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Vor kurzem wurden neue Microcode Updates bereitgestellt für Spectre 3a, 4 und L1TF. Warum ist der Intel Core i7-4790K nicht in der Liste der... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by frankk33, Feb 11, 2019.

1. frankk33 Win User

Microcode Updates für Spectre 3a, 4 und L1TF

Vor kurzem wurden neue Microcode Updates bereitgestellt für Spectre 3a, 4 und L1TF.

Warum ist der Intel Core i7-4790K nicht in der Liste der Unterstützten Prozessoren?

Werden die Updates automatisch verteilt? Bei einem Intel Core i7-3960X und einem Core i7-8550U habe ich auch mit manueller Suche keines der Updates finden können.

Es gibt zwar noch den Update Catalog, aber da muss man wieder schauen, welche Version passt für mein System.

Wenn das System x64 ist, dann muss man sich die x64 Variante downloaden, oder wofür ist die x86 Variante?

http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=4346084

:)

frankk33, Feb 11, 2019
  2. londiste Win User

Intel Deploys Microcode Update for Spectre Flaw on Skylake

They were found as twins. When it comes to mitigation though, that is different for both of them as well as for Spectre variants. As you noted, AMD CPUs are not vulnerable to Meltdown and needs no patches for it. Intel CPUs do. These are the KPTI patches for Linux and similar patches for MacOS/Windows. Microcode updates (what this news/thread is about) have nothing to do with Meltdown. Microcode patches are for Spectre 2.

That was their initial statement. I would like to point out wording there. "Near zero risk" is quite an interesting phrase when it comes to security issues and there are examples from the past where this has come back to bite companies in their asses.

However, you might want to read the statement update from a week later - 11th. I copy-pasted this directly from your link:
    Second one does. Intel's broken microcode updates saga has all been about this exact Spectre 2 mitigation. AMD states (in their statement quoted above from link you provided. also, you say it does yourself in the quote below) it will release microcode fixes for Spectre 2. I am not sure why you claim it is different.
    That optional part might be interesting. Linus was very annoyed with Intel when their patches had the apparent intent of defaulting Spectre mitigation to being turned off. Now AMD officially says their microcode updates are optional...

londiste, Feb 11, 2019
  3. RichF Win User

You may want to notify the OP:

RichF, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Microcode Updates für Spectre 3a, 4 und L1TF

Every Gigabyte Board with a BIOS Release after 2018/01/10 as the same "CPU Microcode" description AND includes the first buggy spectre microcode update.

In fact Gigabyte was pretty quick with the update, they just wrote a bad description.

Now let's see how much time before they realease the new microcode

Da_SyEnTisT, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Microcode Updates für Spectre 3a, 4 und L1TF

1. Microcode Updates für Spectre 3a, 4 und L1TF - Similar Threads - Microcode Updates für

2. Die Patches KB5027215 für Windows 10 und KB5027231 für Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Die Patches KB5027215 für Windows 10 und KB5027231 für Windows 11: Die Updates machen erhebliche Probleme, Rechner ist extrem langsam, Firefox reagiert nicht mehr, Microsoft Office auch nicht. Gibt es da eine Lösung? Ein Teil unserer Angestellten können kaum noch arbeiten....
  3. Die Patches KB5027215 für Windows 10 und KB5027231 für Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Die Patches KB5027215 für Windows 10 und KB5027231 für Windows 11: Die Updates machen erhebliche Probleme, Rechner ist extrem langsam, Firefox reagiert nicht mehr, Microsoft Office auch nicht. Gibt es da eine Lösung? Ein Teil unserer Angestellten können kaum noch arbeiten....
  4. 2022-12 Kumulatives Update für .NET Framework 3.5 und 4.8.1 für Windows 11, version 22H2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2022-12 Kumulatives Update für .NET Framework 3.5 und 4.8.1 für Windows 11, version 22H2...: Hey, I am trying to install this update, but it is not possible --> Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x80073712Can you help me with it? How should I solve the problem? My laptop is not working well....
  5. 2022-12 Kumulatives Update für .NET Framework 3.5 und 4.8.1 für Windows 11, version 22H2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2022-12 Kumulatives Update für .NET Framework 3.5 und 4.8.1 für Windows 11, version 22H2...: Hey, I am trying to install this update, but it is not possible --> Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: 0x80073712Can you help me with it? How should I solve the problem? My laptop is not working well....
  6. Update does not install -- 2022-09 Kumulatives Update für Windows 11 für x64-basierte...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update does not install -- 2022-09 Kumulatives Update für Windows 11 für x64-basierte...: Good morning,The 2022-09 Kumulatives Update für Windows 11 für x64-basierte Systeme KB5017328 does not install on my computer. It downloads okay and starts to install and half way through the update is reversed. system file check SFC found errors and fixed them. Now SFC and...
  7. Microcode Update for Intel CPU's

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microcode Update for Intel CPU's: Hi! I update my laptop ME firmware and my CPU microcode, the last one via Windows Update. Is it going to be an update for desktop processors? Because the update for 10th gen Intel CPU's to update the microcode are only for mobile devices and i can't find one for desktop...
  8. Latest Windows 10 microcode update is aimed at Spectre flaw

in Windows 10 News
    Latest Windows 10 microcode update is aimed at Spectre flaw: Earlier this year, Intel announced that they have discovered Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities in their processors. The company later released microcode updates for some of its CPU platforms to patch them against the Spectre Variant vulnerability. Today, Microsoft is...
  9. Intel microcode updates for 1803?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel microcode updates for 1803?: Is this available for download? 108843
  10. Intel Microcode Revision Guidance for Spectre variant 2 - April 2

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Microcode Revision Guidance for Spectre variant 2 - April 2: The following table provides details of availability for microcode updates currently planned by Intel. Changes since the previous version are highlighted in yellow. LEGEND: Production Status: • Planning – Intel has not yet determined a schedule for this MCU. •...