Windows 10: Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I...

Discus and support Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Mic 1 is a $20 headset from 4 years ago, works fine with my PlayStation and every app I've used it with. Mic 2, like mentioned, only works with those 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by colin__oconnor, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I...

Mic 1 is a $20 headset from 4 years ago, works fine with my PlayStation and every app I've used it with. Mic 2, like mentioned, only works with those 2 apps correctly AND with the play station. Its a Seinnheiser GSP 302 practically brand new, just missed the return window. I've updated drivers, just get a muffled sound according to recipients.

:)

colin__oconnor, Mar 23, 2020
  2. torfinnt Win User

Microphone working, but not detected in apps. Not working in game chat

Hello.
    I am brand new in this forum and have been searching for similar problems .

I have 2 different headsets. Steelseries arctis 5 (USB) and a Razor (2X3.5mm jack)
    Platform Windows 10
    Whenever I connect them, they are working for skype calls and you can see them working in the soundbar under Sounds - Recording.

But.. Most of the time when we try to use them for gaming, especially Fortnite. The chat sounds are not working. We can't hear other players, and they can not hear us. Other sounds are working.
    And other days everything works fine..

When we open the "windowsbutton+I" Privacy and Microphone, the allow apps to use mic is on.

Another strange thing is that below where you can normally readout which apps were using the microphones and when they were used is blank. No apps visible. When the chat is working, we can read in the list that they are working and when they was working.

A Quick fix is using discord or skype under gameplay, but this is not the way it is supposed to work. We need help solving this.
    When I plug them in to computer Relatek picks them up right away and asks if it is a mic or headset that is connected when using 3,5mm. It also picks up digital input on the steelseries usb connection.

Kindest regards

torfinnt, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Airider Win User
    built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity)

I had to re-install many apps and now found that while Audacity works fine with both headset and internal speakers and built-in mic, and Skype works with headset .... but the built-in mic no longer works with Skype

Airider, Mar 23, 2020
  4. MatanAbir Win User

Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I...

Microphone.. Half-works?

• It's not just these headset, it happens with every microphone I've tried.
    • I don't get any error messages.
    • All apps. Discord, Skype, websites that use microphones such as Vocaroo.
    • I've tried plugging the headset through both USB and through audio/mic jacks. All the ones available in my computer. I've run the troubleshooter and it indicates no problems. My drivers are updated.

MatanAbir, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I...

1. Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I... - Similar Threads - Microphone works fine

2. Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not being detected by my computer but is working fine in Discord: Hello. I recently built a new PC using all new parts except for my Graphics card, HDD, and Power supply which I was slowly upgrading beforehand but as soon as I finished the build and went to use my headset's mic, it is not being detected by my computer. I have since...
  3. Microphone only works on Discord.

Microphone only works on Discord.: My microphone only works on discord. Its at default in the recording settings. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-on-discord/b2867288-d343-4ee2-8eed-caa6498d1aab
  4. Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine

Logitech Webcam c920 - microphone not working, but video working fine: In answer to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/logitech-c920-webcam-microphone-does-not-seem-to/df1ebadf-17f4-463e-8e58-ab6d296de745 which has been locked without any meaningful reply, I want to share what helped me with...
  5. skype microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    skype microphone not working: the other person cant hear me on skype l checked echo sounds and microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-microphone-not-working/132f0462-eb8f-4190-9bdf-26f57c8bd8e8
  6. Skype microphone not working

Skype microphone not working: Hi, my wife's laptop has a problem with microphone when using Skype. She can hear the other person but they cannot hear her. a box came up that stated possible problem with driver. I checked driver (working correctly), I restarted laptop still no joy. I uninstalled Skype,...
  7. Only internal mic works?

Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  8. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  9. SKYPE for Linux working fine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    SKYPE for Linux working fine: Hi folks Those of you using Linux that have .RPM package managers (Red Hat, Centos, Opensuse, Fedora) or .DEB (ubuntu etc) Binaries are available for SKYPE for Linux and provided your microphone and/or webcams work it's fine and interface looks just like the Classic Skype...
  10. built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity)

built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity): I had to re-install many apps and now found that while Audacity works fine with both headset and internal speakers and built-in mic, and Skype works with headset .... but the built-in mic no longer works with Skype 90600