Windows 10: Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I...

Discus and support Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Mic 1 is a $20 headset from 4 years ago, works fine with my PlayStation and every app I've used it with. Mic 2, like mentioned, only works with those 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by colin__oconnor, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I...

Mic 1 is a $20 headset from 4 years ago, works fine with my PlayStation and every app I've used it with. Mic 2, like mentioned, only works with those 2 apps correctly AND with the play station. Its a Seinnheiser GSP 302 practically brand new, just missed the return window. I've updated drivers, just get a muffled sound according to recipients.

:)

colin__oconnor, Mar 23, 2020
  2. torfinnt Win User

Microphone working, but not detected in apps. Not working in game chat

Hello.
    I am brand new in this forum and have been searching for similar problems .

I have 2 different headsets. Steelseries arctis 5 (USB) and a Razor (2X3.5mm jack)
    Platform Windows 10
    Whenever I connect them, they are working for skype calls and you can see them working in the soundbar under Sounds - Recording.

But.. Most of the time when we try to use them for gaming, especially Fortnite. The chat sounds are not working. We can't hear other players, and they can not hear us. Other sounds are working.
    And other days everything works fine..

When we open the "windowsbutton+I" Privacy and Microphone, the allow apps to use mic is on.

Another strange thing is that below where you can normally readout which apps were using the microphones and when they were used is blank. No apps visible. When the chat is working, we can read in the list that they are working and when they was working.

A Quick fix is using discord or skype under gameplay, but this is not the way it is supposed to work. We need help solving this.
    When I plug them in to computer Relatek picks them up right away and asks if it is a mic or headset that is connected when using 3,5mm. It also picks up digital input on the steelseries usb connection.

Kindest regards

torfinnt, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Airider Win User
    built-in mic stopped working for Skype (works for Audacity)

I had to re-install many apps and now found that while Audacity works fine with both headset and internal speakers and built-in mic, and Skype works with headset .... but the built-in mic no longer works with Skype

Airider, Mar 23, 2020
  4. MatanAbir Win User

Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I...

Microphone.. Half-works?

• It's not just these headset, it happens with every microphone I've tried.
    • I don't get any error messages.
    • All apps. Discord, Skype, websites that use microphones such as Vocaroo.
    • I've tried plugging the headset through both USB and through audio/mic jacks. All the ones available in my computer. I've run the troubleshooter and it indicates no problems. My drivers are updated.

MatanAbir, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I...

1. Microphone 1 works fine with every app. Mic 2 only works with Skype and discord from what I... - Similar Threads - Microphone works fine

2. 2 Webcams but only 1 mic working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Webcams but only 1 mic working: I have 2 Lenovo Idea pad Flex 5 laptops with Win 10 - this problem occurs on both, but not on my Acer Nitro 5.So I want to use 2 external Webcams Logitech C920s & Anker C200 with OBSBoth Webcams work on their own, but if both are plugged in the cameras work but only one mic...
  3. 2 Webcams but only 1 mic working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Webcams but only 1 mic working: I have 2 Lenovo Idea pad Flex 5 laptops with Win 10 - this problem occurs on both, but not on my Acer Nitro 5.So I want to use 2 external Webcams Logitech C920s & Anker C200 with OBSBoth Webcams work on their own, but if both are plugged in the cameras work but only one mic...
  4. 2 Webcams but only 1 mic working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my microphone doesn't work on apps. if i use discord on chrome it works just fine, but if i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microphone doesn't work on apps. if i use discord on chrome it works just fine, but if i...: the problem is with my built in microphone. if i use a headset, the microphone works just fine on apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-doesnt-work-on-apps-if-i-use-discord/bfd84ea6-8595-4ec7-ad38-68b9ad37fa6a
  6. my microphone doesn't work on apps. if i use discord on chrome it works just fine, but if i...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microphone doesn't work on apps. if i use discord on chrome it works just fine, but if i...: the problem is with my built in microphone. if i use a headset, the microphone works just fine on apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-doesnt-work-on-apps-if-i-use-discord/bfd84ea6-8595-4ec7-ad38-68b9ad37fa6a
  7. Mic not working in Discord.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working in Discord.: I just got a new PC and tried playing with my friend on Discord. As it turns out I can either have it so my headphone speakers work or my mic works. Not both. I could do both on my old PC. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/69Human69 [link] [comments]...
  8. Audio issues - microphone in Skype and Teams app not working but working fine in brower app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio issues - microphone in Skype and Teams app not working but working fine in brower app: My built-in microphone is working fine when I use Skype or Teams through the browser but doesn't work when I use the apps for Skype or Teams. What setting do I need to change?...
  9. Microphone does not work with TS and Discord, but it does with Skype?

Microphone does not work with TS and Discord, but it does with Skype?: Well I have a new laptop and as mentioned above my microphone does not work with Ts and Discord. I hope somebody has an idea how I can fix this (I have turned on the function that it should work with desktop apps)....
  10. Microphone only works on Discord.

Microphone only works on Discord.: My microphone only works on discord. Its at default in the recording settings. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-on-discord/b2867288-d343-4ee2-8eed-caa6498d1aab