Windows 10: Microphone access is completely disabled

Discus and support Microphone access is completely disabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys. Windows is seemingly preventing me from turning on microphone access. Just... greyed out... The mic itself is all set up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spacecrew_ent, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Microphone access is completely disabled

Microphone access is completely disabled 8h3FNt03MHmXMMsW6v1XP4GC49xB6KtHq85auBAGIfY.jpg

Hey guys.

Windows is seemingly preventing me from turning on microphone access.

Just... greyed out...

The mic itself is all set up and seems good to go.

I read up on guides for over 2 hours, and since most guides advised that, tried changing options within gpedit.msc

For some reason, all access to the mic is locked behind freaking Fort Knox
    Most guides I read suggested, it probably has to do with "some settings are managed by your organization".

Do you remember the freaking time, when you were regarded as the owner of your PC, by your PC?
    Or when putting in your damn password was enough authentication and not a prompt to hardlock your account until further personal info was provided.

Anways, I'm at a complete loss here. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks so much!!

submitted by /u/spacecrew_ent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spacecrew_ent, Feb 2, 2020
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Microphone not working

Hey there Carissa, could you try this for me?

Open Settings.

Click on Privacy.

Click on Microphone.

Turn on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle switch.

After completing the steps, you also want to make sure to check the list and enable microphone access for the apps you want, if they're currently disabled. In the case the feature isn't enable, click the Change button and turn on the toggle switch.

SonGoku'sSon, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone access is completely disabled

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Microphone access is completely disabled

1. Microphone access is completely disabled - Similar Threads - Microphone access completely

2. microphone is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone is disabled: I have no audio in website meetings. I cannot speak with COrtana. She says my microphone is disabled and to enable it in sound settings. I did this but still have not audio. People can hear me, I cannot hear them. Can anyone help....
  3. Microphone disabled when not accessed by application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone disabled when not accessed by application: Hello I have noticed the following phenomenon in my computer: When I open an application that requests use of the microphone like Zoom or Skype, the microphone does not pick up any sound for between 20 and 50 seconds, and after that, the microphone works fine. When I close...
  4. Eleminate Quick Access forever. Not disable, but get rid of it completely!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eleminate Quick Access forever. Not disable, but get rid of it completely!: I do not want to merely disable Quick Access just from File Explorer this is EASY, I want tocompletely eliminate any chance of "Quick Access" reappering in any place in Windows 10, I do not want any shortcut of this feature anywhere !!! I'vw searched all of the posts related...
  5. Screenshot Disabled Completely

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screenshot Disabled Completely: My screenshot feature on Windows 10 is not working at all. When I press Win+PrintScreen button, the screen do blink but there is no screenshot in any folder. I tried reset the preferences, the screenshot folder locations, the Registry tweak, deleting the screenshot folder...
  6. Microphone access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone access: So, i do NOT want microsoft to legally get access to my microphone however i still want to use it in apps. If i disable the microphone in privacy settings it just doesnt work in any app whatsoever so im basically forced to "allow access to the microphone on this device" if i...
  7. Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling a specific program from accessing my microphone: I recently bought Killer Instinct on Steam and found out your microphone is always on in the lobbies. There is no way to mute myself in game other than not using my mic at all I want to use my mic on other chatting apps like Discord while I play the game, but the game is...
  8. How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to *REALLY* completely disable Quick Access in Windows 10?: Please, note: I do not want to merely disable Quick Access just from File Explorer (this is EASY), I want to completely eliminate any chance of "Quick Access" reappering in any place in Windows 10, I do not want any shortcut of this feature anywhere !!! The problem is that...
  9. Accessing the microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accessing the microphone: I know there is a list of apps that can access the microphone. However there are two programs that I WANT to be able to access the mic, but they are not on the list and I cannot find a way to add them. They both access the camera fine, but do not access the mic. I can only...
  10. Microphone Disabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone Disabled?: **POSTED UNDER SECURITY & PRIVACY BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE MIC PERMISSIONS ARE LOCATED, IT IS NOT A SOUND ISSUE** Up until 7 hours ago I had headphones with a faulty mic. To prevent my mic from turning its self of unprompted, a few months ago I completely disabled my microphone...