Windows 10: Microphone access

Discus and support Microphone access in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, i do NOT want microsoft to legally get access to my microphone however i still want to use it in apps. If i disable the microphone in privacy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Chew_Coc_Long, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Microphone access

So, i do NOT want microsoft to legally get access to my microphone however i still want to use it in apps.

If i disable the microphone in privacy settings it just doesnt work in any app whatsoever so im basically forced to "allow access to the microphone on this device" if i want to use a microphone? Because that literally means i am allowing microsoft access to my microphone, they could technically listen to whats going on all day every day and for obvious reasons that a big no no...

Why am i not allowed to use my microphone with the apps and programs that i want to use but prohibit access to microsoft?

Am i missing something here? Because if thats how it works i WILL 100% switch to linux entirely.

submitted by /u/Chew_Coc_Long
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Chew_Coc_Long, Dec 20, 2019

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Microphone access

Error: "You need to set up microphone in settings" while trying to access microphone on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issue with accessing the microphone on your device, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Wasim Asad
    on August 18, 2015 to setup microphone on your device and check if it helps.

Cortana can’t hear me – Microphone level keeps getting set to
    zero.

Also, In order to check if your microphone is set to the default value, you must check it from the “Recording” tab.

To access this option, follow these steps:

• Right click on the volume icon and select Recording Devices.
    • In the window that opens, select the device which has the status Ready.
    • Click on the Set Default from the bottom of the window.
    • If you’ve done this correctly you should see the green mark on the correct microphone and audio level reacting to sound.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the microphone for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Microphone access

1. Microphone access - Similar Threads - Microphone access

2. A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random...: A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random intervals. I have done virus checks and it doesn't look like malware but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using windows 11. Any help would be great thanks!...
  3. A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random...: A File called "Windows Host Process Rundll32" has been accessing my microphone at random intervals. I have done virus checks and it doesn't look like malware but I'm not 100% sure. I'm using windows 11. Any help would be great thanks!...
  4. I need help with allowing apps access to microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with allowing apps access to microphone: Not able to find out how to access to microphone in games, my plug in headphones with microphone work on computer just not in games and I’ve already to to allow access to the apps through microphone > privacy > allow access then it says choose apps to allow microphone access...
  5. I need help with allowing apps access to microphone

I need help with allowing apps access to microphone: Not able to find out how to access to microphone in games, my plug in headphones with microphone work on computer just not in games and I’ve already to to allow access to the apps through microphone > privacy > allow access then it says choose apps to allow microphone access...
  6. Microphone Access Information

Microphone Access Information: Good afternoon to you all!I want to know if there is a Windows option to have like a log of the Microphone usage, like what app is using it and the start and end times of usage.I have tried to use the Event Viewer, but I am not able to find that specific information, only the...
  7. Microphone Access Information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Access Information: Good afternoon to you all!I want to know if there is a Windows option to have like a log of the Microphone usage, like what app is using it and the start and end times of usage.I have tried to use the Event Viewer, but I am not able to find that specific information, only the...
  8. How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?: For security reasons, we would like to change our companies settings for apps to always ask permission to use the microphone. We are using Windows 11 Pro. I see in Setting > Privacy & security > Microphone that I can choose which apps can use the microphone. If I turn this...
  9. How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?

How do we control permissions for apps accessing the microphone?: For security reasons, we would like to change our companies settings for apps to always ask permission to use the microphone. We are using Windows 11 Pro. I see in Setting > Privacy & security > Microphone that I can choose which apps can use the microphone. If I turn this...
  10. Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any 3rd party Microphone will not allow access.: So, The built microphone will work with all apps Microphone ArrayIf I plug anything else in, Sennheiser Edgerunners, LG Zone920, Airpods ECT.When I select those devices as the microiphone as the system defualt and change it inside any application, Teams, RingCentral,Zoom.I...