Windows 10: Microphone and audio do not work at same time

Discus and support Microphone and audio do not work at same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ok, i use a JBL TUNE760NC but any other bluetooth device work as same. i set Stereo only sound and micropone work with a noise that most people... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Augusto Gomes_764, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Microphone and audio do not work at same time

ok, i use a JBL TUNE760NC but any other bluetooth device work as same. i set Stereo only sound and micropone work with a noise that most people describe im close to a fan. this happen becouse Hand-free AG audiomicrophone / low quality audio is not able if i able it wich stereo or i cant learn anything or i will only lisen to other person voice but not the game or any computer sound. i use troubleshooting but just request to stop enhancement.

:)

Augusto Gomes_764, Mar 28, 2023

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 28, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Microphone and audio do not work at same time

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Microphone and audio do not work at same time

1. Microphone and audio do not work at same time - Similar Threads - Microphone audio same

2. Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time: Whenever I try to play video games, I can either hear audio, but can't communicate to others, or can communicate to others, but I can't hear anything. I don't know what to do with this problem since I've been trying for a few days but nothing happened. I originally thought...
  3. Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone and headset audio not working at the same time: Whenever I try to play video games, I can either hear audio, but can't communicate to others, or can communicate to others, but I can't hear anything. I don't know what to do with this problem since I've been trying for a few days but nothing happened. I originally thought...
  4. My microphone and sound won't work at the same time

My microphone and sound won't work at the same time: I have a problem with pluging my earphone to have acces to my microphone and sounds on my computer. I try with sony earplugs that have a microphone built in and with my Beats headset too Both plugged in my computing with the wire When I plug them, I have a window that appear...
  5. Microphone and audio do not work at same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone and audio do not work at same time: ok, i use a JBL TUNE760NC but any other bluetooth device work as same. i set Stereo only sound and micropone work with a noise that most people describe im close to a fan. this happen becouse Hand-free AG audiomicrophone / low quality audio is not able if i able it wich...
  6. Microphone and audio do not work at same time

Microphone and audio do not work at same time: ok, i use a JBL TUNE760NC but any other bluetooth device work as same. i set Stereo only sound and micropone work with a noise that most people describe im close to a fan. this happen becouse Hand-free AG audiomicrophone / low quality audio is not able if i able it wich...
  7. Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not able to use microphone and playback audio at the same time: I have been struggling with getting my headphones microphone and audio playback to work at the same time e.g. in a discord I can hear the others or I can talk to the others, not both at the same time. I have this issue with my Bose QC35ii headphones as well as my Beats Studio...
  8. Microphone and Speakers both not working at the same time

Microphone and Speakers both not working at the same time: I'm using Lenovo Legion 5, yesterday when I start my laptop and join a discord session, I figured that discord was not picking up my sound, and I can't hear them talking too. So I went to watch a youtube and it was proved that system sound was not working. I went through both...
  9. Either Headset or Microphone Works, but Not at the Same Time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Either Headset or Microphone Works, but Not at the Same Time: I have a Kotion Each G-2000 headset. I've had this headset for some time now, and I've also been using Windows 10 for quite a bit. Occasionally an update would render something about my headset broken for some time, then I'd find out some way to fix it. But not this time....
  10. Bluetooth-Headset and Microphone not working at the same time.

Bluetooth-Headset and Microphone not working at the same time.: Hi, i purchased the Motorola Pulse Escape headphones and im not able to use the headphones and its mic at the same time, i dont know why but i can hear evryting ok but no one hears me and i did already check my drivers too. My headphones are selected as the standard entry and...