Windows 10: Microphone and Cortana icon not showing in windows 10 search bar 20H2 VERSION

Discus and support Microphone and Cortana icon not showing in windows 10 search bar 20H2 VERSION in Cortana to solve the problem; I connected my microphone it doesn't show the Cortana icon and microphone icon in windows 10 search bar plz help me anyone ....... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JitendraSundarray, May 16, 2021.

1. Microphone and Cortana icon not showing in windows 10 search bar 20H2 VERSION

I connected my microphone it doesn't show the Cortana icon and microphone icon in windows 10 search bar plz help me anyone ....

:)

JitendraSundarray, May 16, 2021
  2. JaneWeber Win User

Can I remove the microphone icon from the taskbar search feature, while keeping the search bar itself?

To clarify my question completely;

• I do not want to remove the search bar;
    • I do not wish to disable Cortana completely;
    • I wish to continue using the search box, and;
    • I wish to remove the icon and nothing else.
    I want to keep exactly the search bar embedded in the task bar, without the microphone icon located to the right of the box. I never use it, but I love the search box, and so when I accidentally press the microphone icon it delays my search.

Thanks in advance!

JaneWeber, May 16, 2021
  3. Cortana search not working

Original title:- Cortana

I cannot get cortana to work. The search bar says "I'm Cortana. Ask me anything" but the microphone icon does not show and I cannot type into the search bar either. I have tried the fixes involving region settings but to no avail. If I select the cortona
    icon in the apps list the list simply disappears. My surface pro 3 works fine and this issue is on my new Dell xps.

Any ideas would be welcome

brianSmithbsc, May 16, 2021
  4. Microphone and Cortana icon not showing in windows 10 search bar 20H2 VERSION

Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Microphone and Cortana icon not showing in windows 10 search bar 20H2 VERSION

1. Microphone and Cortana icon not showing in windows 10 search bar 20H2 VERSION - Similar Threads - Microphone Cortana icon

2. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  3. Icons not showing on search bar

in Cortana
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  4. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar Icons not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search Bar Icons not showing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/saf2015 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vdvltc/windows_10_search_bar_icons_not_showing/
  6. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  7. Windows search bar not showing icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search bar not showing icons: Ive been having this problem for several weeks now. Ive tried changing the display settings to 125% to 100% still didnt work. Also tried to disable thumbnail previews , still didnt work. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance....
  8. cortana and search bar

in Cortana
    cortana and search bar: why is my task bar like this . How can i combine cortana and search bar . Please tell me i am ready to change registory too.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-bar/41bb3ef4-95f0-46e7-80b0-d84c18b0f469
  9. Windows Search bar and Cortana

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Cortana: I have somehow split my Cortana and Windows search into two different things. I think this was a side effect of disabling and re enabling cortana. Can someone please help me streamline both/get rid of Windows search...
  10. Cortana/Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana/Search Bar: I turned Off "Hey Cortana" in the Voice in Setting and it goes back to On all by itself. This intelligence is too "artificial. Let's get this fixed, As a Windows Insider I'm deeply disappointed Microsoft has not resolved this issue....