Windows 10: Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using HP Spectre x360, Convertible 13-ae0xx., Windows 10.My built-in speakers Bang & Olufsen label on the laptop and microphone are not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DGMinfo1, Jun 14, 2021.

1. DGMinfo1 Win User

Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10

I'm using HP Spectre x360, Convertible 13-ae0xx., Windows 10.My built-in speakers Bang & Olufsen label on the laptop and microphone are not working after system update, although there is sound when using headphones. I tried reinstalling the sound driver multiple times, no effect. I tried the Troubleshoot sound problems, no effect.I tried updating BIOSI have tried everything in this list https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/fix-sound-problems-in-windows-10-73025246-b61c-40fb-671a-2535c7cd56c8 - No effectIt might have happened a month or two ago, but since I usually use headpho

:)

DGMinfo1, Jun 14, 2021
  2. Alex#y Win User

Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do

I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 Home ver 2004 build 19041.329. My built-in speakers and microphone are not working after system update, although there is sound when using headphones. Microphone works occasionally, but most of the time it doesn't.
    I tried reinstalling the sound driver multiple times, no effect. Please help, this is very annoying.

Alex#y, Jun 14, 2021
  3. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Alex#y Win User

Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10

Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do

It's HP, HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx.

I actually started to think that maybe it's a hardware problem with the headphone jack not switching to internal speakers mode, but not sure.

Thanks!

Alex#y, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone speakers don't

2. Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working on laptop, hp spectre x360: The internet on the laptop has been flipping between working fine and not working at all and I can’t get my work done because of it. I think it might have to do with a driver called intel wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz it commonly gives an error code 10. I’ve tried updating,...
  3. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360: going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery any solutions for me...
  4. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360: going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery any solutions for me...
  5. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. No sound no microphon HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound no microphon HP spectre x360: Hello, I've reinstalled Windows 10 home but already no sound. I'm going to update it to WIn 10 october. I've downloaded Bios from HP website, also sound driver, but no result... IntelR CoreTM i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz High Definition Audio Device Driver audio:...
  7. HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Spectre x360: I installed Outbyte PCRepair on my laptop, and after running, it turned off my laptop to reboot. Now my screen is black and will not turn on, but the laptop turns on. I have tried to reinstall by holding down windows key, B, and power for 1-3 sec. It runs through the...
  8. Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do: I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 Home ver 2004 build 19041.329. My built-in speakers and microphone are not working after system update, although there is sound when using headphones. Microphone works occasionally, but most of the time it doesn't. I tried reinstalling...
  9. HP Spectre x360 convertible

in Windows 10 Customization
    HP Spectre x360 convertible: Issue with unintentionally selecting what the cursor pauses over or hovers over https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-spectre-x360-convertible/2b3130e6-c847-4056-900a-7becb47eba11
  10. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working: Hi there! I created an account specifically to ask this question, as all previous answers are either a) outdated or b) don't work. I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx laptop that is only 6 months old. Everything is up to date - drivers, BIOS, etc., and I keep...