Windows 10: Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do

Discus and support Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 Home ver 2004 build 19041.329. My built-in speakers and microphone are not working after system update, although... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alex#y, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Alex#y Win User

Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do

I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10 Home ver 2004 build 19041.329. My built-in speakers and microphone are not working after system update, although there is sound when using headphones. Microphone works occasionally, but most of the time it doesn't. I tried reinstalling the sound driver multiple times, no effect. Please help, this is very annoying.

:)

Alex#y, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Ivy Mun Win User

Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Econ Win User

Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does)

Hello everyone

I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and now i don't have any sound left. My internal labtop speakers don't get recognized and so are my headphones. i have a microphone(blue yeti) wich chan be used as a output, and it is the only one that works. I cheked the output in the device manager and the only thing i was able to see there was the microphone. If i unplut the microphone i receive the error:"no audio output installed"

I tried to install some drivers, nothing worked. My headphones don't work and neither do my labtop internal speakers. I really hope someone can help me with this problem

Thema:

1. Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do - Similar Threads - Microphone speakers don't

2. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  3. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.: Hello, so i was using my Dell Laptop Inspiron 5558 when suddenly my speakers stopped working... the fixes which i have tried:1. Re-installing Divers from Dell's website2. Changing from Realteak to High Definition Audio3. Cleaning the headphone jack4. Rebooting my Laptop...
  4. Headphones/External Speakers works, but built-in speakers do not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphones do not echo into headphones or speakers, may be partially functional

Microphones do not echo into headphones or speakers, may be partially functional: I've tested microphones using onboard audio, soundcards from ASUS and CT, and a desktop microphone. The troubleshoot testing results in a tone being heard before the troubleshoot is unable to find what is wrong. The microphone audio causes the VU meter to to ignite, as if the...
  6. Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10

Microphone and speakers don't work but headphones do I'm using HP Spectre x360, Windows 10: I'm using HP Spectre x360, Convertible 13-ae0xx., Windows 10.My built-in speakers Bang & Olufsen label on the laptop and microphone are not working after system update, although there is sound when using headphones. I tried reinstalling the sound driver multiple times, no...
  7. Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker

Microphone being detected as Headphones/Speaker: Hi, everyone. I recently bought a new mic LC Studio. It's brand new, so I don't think there's an issue with the mic itself. But whenever I try to connect it to my laptop, it recognizes the mic as a speaker or a pair of headphones. [ATTACH] I've been looking all over my...
  8. Speakers don't work, what to do?

Speakers don't work, what to do?: Hello, For days I have been working on a (sovtware-related) laptop in need of repair. But it does not spit out any sound, although a necessary driver is available! I've also tried to reset it, but to no avail... I hope they can help me here! ;) Lautsprecher...
  9. Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does)

Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does): Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and now i don't have any sound left. My internal labtop speakers don't get recognized and so are my headphones. i have a microphone(blue yeti) wich chan be used as a output, and it is the only one that works. I cheked the...
  10. Speakers don't work but headphones work

Speakers don't work but headphones work: I decided to update my audio drive so i went to the Lenovo website and installed the windows 10 (64 bit) driver, after restarting I noticed that there was no volume at all, i tried the Windows 8.1 driver and now only my headphones work. I also noticed in playback devices only...