Windows 10: Microphone and speakers not working.

Discus and support Microphone and speakers not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I go to listen to sound or try to use my microphone it doesn't work. the speaker icon originally had a red X in it but I watched a tutorial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jorgejarbo, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Microphone and speakers not working.

Whenever I go to listen to sound or try to use my microphone it doesn't work. the speaker icon originally had a red X in it but I watched a tutorial how to fix it and it worked but I still cant hear audio or use my microphone. my devices are all plugged in and I have the right inputs and outputs selected. is there any way to fix this, it all occurred when I restarted my pc one day.

:)

jorgejarbo, Jan 12, 2022

2. Lumia 930 microphone doesn't work on speaker

Hi, I have same issue on Lumia 930, have tried the various steps proposed by Microsoft, have also tried updating software to Windows 10 but to no avail. While a number of posts on this topic suggest it is likely to be a hardware bug, my symptoms seem to
    indicate software:

• while using the phone normally (not on speaker) the microphones work perfectly. IE microphones 1 and 2 at the bottom of the phone appear to be working 100%
    • while using the phone on speaker, microphones 1 and 2 (see Windows Phones for good photos of microphone locations) seem to be completely off
    • while using phone on speaker, microphones 3 and 4 at the top of the phone seem to work reasonably as long as I'm close to the phone. Not as well as they should on a speakerphone though.
    • microphone on headset works fine
    This does look to be a very widespread issue ... any updates from Microsoft?

thanks

RowaninMelb, Jan 12, 2022
  3. How can I make a Base Microphone work without it turning off the speakers?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. Let me help you.

As per the description Microphone should work without turning off the speakers.

I suggest you follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon.

• Select playback devices option.

• Now select the speaker as default.

• Now go to recording devices option and select the microphone as default and click on apply.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 12, 2022
  4. Microphone and speakers not working.

Microphone not working

The microphone on my laptop stopped working. I have done a lot of trouble shooting without success. Before I conclude that it is a hardware problem, can I ask if there is anything else I should do.

My System:
    • ASUS S500CA laptop
    • Windows 10 Home X64 version 1909
    • VIA HD Audio - (for speakers and microphone)

Here's what happened:
    • The microphone was working perfectly (on Skype).
    • The next day it didn't work on a Skype call

Here's is a brief summary of what I have done:
    • The only thing that changed between these two Skype calls were a couple of Windows updates
    • I tried to remove all the recent Windows updates - didn't fix it
    • One update (4577670) couldn't be uninstalled so I restored the system to a date prior to the successful SKYPE - didn't work
    • I ran the Win trouble shooter - it reported no problem
    • I tried to update the sound/microphone driver - reported that I had the best driver
    • Checked the driver version (Provider - Microsoft, Date - 2019-03-18, Version, 10.0.18362.1)
    • Checked driver details (Report- No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device)
    • Updated to the latest Win 10 version (20H2) - didn't help
    • The speakers are working correctly.
    • I tried all of the above with the internal microphone as well as an external microphone (I tested all microphone alternatives in the setup - headset, external other)
    Is there anything else that I should try before giving up?

dsscottage, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

Microphone and speakers not working.

1. Microphone and speakers not working. - Similar Threads - Microphone speakers working

2. Built in speakers and microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built in speakers and microphone not working.: Today after installing an update, the volume input on my laptop suddenly stated "No speaker or headphones are plugged in." When I went to change to built in speakers and microphone in the settings, the the message for the device being used is "No output/input devices found"...
  3. Built in speakers and microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built in speakers and microphone not working.: Today after installing an update, the volume input on my laptop suddenly stated "No speaker or headphones are plugged in." When I went to change to built in speakers and microphone in the settings, the the message for the device being used is "No output/input devices found"...
  4. Built in speakers and microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Speakers and microphone stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers and microphone stopped working.: Speakers and microphone were working under Windows 11 just fine for a couple of weeks. Today they do not. Looking at the software update history automatic updates I see that today, the same day audio quit, Intel Extensions 7.5.0.0 was installed. I cannot find any information...
  6. Speakers and microphone stopped working.

Speakers and microphone stopped working.: Speakers and microphone were working under Windows 11 just fine for a couple of weeks. Today they do not. Looking at the software update history automatic updates I see that today, the same day audio quit, Intel Extensions 7.5.0.0 was installed. I cannot find any information...
  7. Microphone and speakers not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone and speakers not working.: Whenever I go to listen to sound or try to use my microphone it doesn't work. the speaker icon originally had a red X in it but I watched a tutorial how to fix it and it worked but I still cant hear audio or use my microphone. my devices are all plugged in and I have the...
  8. Microphone and speakers not working.

Microphone and speakers not working.: Whenever I go to listen to sound or try to use my microphone it doesn't work. the speaker icon originally had a red X in it but I watched a tutorial how to fix it and it worked but I still cant hear audio or use my microphone. my devices are all plugged in and I have the...
  9. Microphone and Speakers both not working at the same time

Microphone and Speakers both not working at the same time: I'm using Lenovo Legion 5, yesterday when I start my laptop and join a discord session, I figured that discord was not picking up my sound, and I can't hear them talking too. So I went to watch a youtube and it was proved that system sound was not working. I went through both...
  10. Speakers and Microphone Not Working

Speakers and Microphone Not Working: My speakers and microphone are not showing up as a option on the sound settings. I have already right clicked the empty space and checked the two boxes. I don't know if it is a issue with the drivers or if it is something else....