Windows 10: Microphone and Webcam Access

Discus and support Microphone and Webcam Access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! My thoughts are with everyone. I am trying to get prepped for online classes, and I am having MAJOR issues with my webcam and microphone.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Julia McElhinny, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Microphone and Webcam Access

Hello!

My thoughts are with everyone.

I am trying to get prepped for online classes, and I am having MAJOR issues with my webcam and microphone.

On Google Meet, Google Hangouts, Zoom, etc. the microphone and webcam connect, but my computer then tells me that they don't work. My camera works when using the camera app on my Dell machine, and my microphone works with Voice Recorder. My webcam also worked with TeamViewer, a downloaded application.

I have allowed Google Chrome permissions to use my microphone and webcam, and my microsoft settings have the same thing.

The weirdest part of this all is that EVERYTHING works for my admin account on my laptop and on another device. My local user account is the one where nothing will work!

I have restarted my computer several times, and done the testing described above. Based on all of it, it seems like it's a user permissions problem, but then again I have no idea!

If anyone has any ideas of how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Julia McElhinny

:)

Julia McElhinny, Mar 19, 2020

2. Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Microphone and Webcam Access

Neither my webcam nor my microphone are working

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

• Do you have webcam and Microphone Together?

• How have you connected the Webcam and Microphone to the computer?

• If USB, have you tried switching the ports?

Please reply for further help.

Waseemulla S, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Microphone and Webcam Access

1. Microphone and Webcam Access - Similar Threads - Microphone Webcam Access

2. Webcam and Microphone not working !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam and Microphone not working !!: Hi there,A month ago my laptop showed some errors, like when I was opening Camera app, it was showing that pls plug in camera, despite the fact that I have in-built camera in the laptop, then when I try to record audio, no audio is being recorded, even when microphone also...
  3. Webcam Microphone issues

Webcam Microphone issues: Yet another Windows 10 issue... I have an external USB webcam/microphone from Aukey, the issue is the same I had with another one I sent back to Amazon thinking it was dud The micrphone cycles to work or not. On teams as the deafult mic it won't work. When I cycle to the...
  4. Crackly Webcam Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackly Webcam Microphone: HP Envy Laptop 64 on Windows 10. My webcam mic is extremely crackly on the Camera Video app and on Audacity audio recording playback and yet my Skype partner says it is OK quality though she says it has been crackly and poor in the past. If I check output on the meter it is...
  5. Access to the webcam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to the webcam: When windows asked for the "access to the webcam" permission unfortunately, I have pressed the block button also by giving a tickmark on "Remember My Action". Now when i am opening my camera it is blocked and saying that you can change your privacy settings. But even if I...
  6. webcam access

webcam access: I cant open my camera in some apps as we are learning online. it says that we are unable to detect a webcam with you computer. I think it is due ti antivirus software but i dont know how to open it. i tried to enable the access bottom from the setting but still it is not...
  7. Accessing Webcam

Accessing Webcam: Hi, I am having trouble keeping the camera on so it picks up me during the conversation of a virtual session. I see my participant fine. The audio is great in both directions. When I look for every possible location to ensure the webcam is on, they are. The problem when I...
  8. camsvc must be enabled to access microphones/webcam

camsvc must be enabled to access microphones/webcam: Setting app also crashes without it enabled in the privacy section. I would prefer if the service is disabled, everything just skips the permissioncheck by default....
  9. microphone and webcam

microphone and webcam: I am using VAIO Intel cor i3 processor 2.20 Ghz. I used webcam and built in microphone for skype calls but now both of them are not working. I dont know whether they are physically damaged or there is some error in the software. Please help. Also i have Ms Office not...
  10. Webcam and Microphone Issue

Webcam and Microphone Issue: Hello, I have an HP ENVY - 15-as133cl. I have installed windows 10 1903 on it. My Webcam and Microphone works in sound recorder and in Facebook Messenger app. It does not work in Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Adobe Audition. It also does not work on any websites that need...