Windows 10: microphone as line in audio

Discus and support microphone as line in audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a microphone through a USB audio interface device (a Steinberg UR 22). As such my system recognizes the microphone input as line-in. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aaron JacobLampe, May 14, 2019.

1. microphone as line in audio

I am using a microphone through a USB audio interface device (a Steinberg UR 22). As such my system recognizes the microphone input as line-in. This is a problem because I need to be able to enhance the audio, such as is possible with mic boosting options etc. However, there are no such options for line-in audio. This is a very expensive set up, but my system reacts to it as a very quiet mono for no reason I can't decipher. All attempts to deal with any drivers, updated, troubleshooters and settings have so far proven insufficient. Please help.

:)

Aaron JacobLampe, May 14, 2019

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 14, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 14, 2019
  4. microphone as line in audio

My Line in microphone is currently unavailable.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that the headphone microphone is not working after upgrade to Windows 10.

This might be due to some incorrect audio settings or it might be due to the out-dated audio HD drivers.

Please try the below steps and check if it helps:

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

• Right click on the volume icon and click on
      Recording devices
    • Right click on an empty space and check mark both
      Show disconnected devices
      and Show disabled devices.
    • Double click on Microphone and make sure that the microphone is enabled under
      Device usage.

Now, check the issue. If it is already enabled, then try the next method and check the issue.

Method 2: Run Recording Audio Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 in-built tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the recording audio devices and its settings.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window and click on
      Recording Audio.
    • Follow the On-screen instructions.

For further reference:Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2019
Thema:

microphone as line in audio

1. microphone as line in audio - Similar Threads - microphone line audio

2. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  3. Headset in the microphone line.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset in the microphone line.: Hello, My Headset line the green one broke, so I had to download Realtek audio driver but I don't know how to use it. Hope you understand. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-in-the-microphone-line/c3a71548-96c0-44c8-bb7b-ebcbc688d25d
  4. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  5. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  6. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Condenser microphone in rear Mic Input merges with the Line-in input so my microphone audio...: TV is connected my Line-In port via 3.5mm Jack. This picks up my TV audio and I can listen to it by listening to the line in device. I have recently bought a small condenser mic that plugs into the Rear Mic Input Port. This microphone works as I have tested it without the...
  8. Realtek Audio Line In blue detected as Microphone, Breaks Audio and Forces System Restore...

Realtek Audio Line In blue detected as Microphone, Breaks Audio and Forces System Restore...: With the newest iterations of Windows 10 my onboard Realtek HD Audio "Line In" input blue 3.5mm audio input is detected as a microphone. I know this because of the Microphone icon appears in the tray when I plug it in and disappears when I unplug it. I have NO microphone...
  9. Windows confuses Line In and Microphone

Windows confuses Line In and Microphone: Hello! So... I have an interesting issue. [ATTACH] This is, how the Recording tab on the Sound options on my PC. The Microphone device is the microphone, that is on my headset, which I use for communication purposes. The Line In device is connected to the output of my...
  10. No line-in microphone input

No line-in microphone input: Hi there. Yesterday a new microphone arrived, and I was excited to finally have a proper one. I plugged it in to my laptop and went to test things out, however I've noticed that my laptop doesn't seem to receive any input from it at all, despite it recognising that it's...