Windows 10: Microphone audio automatically changing itself

Discus and support Microphone audio automatically changing itself in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed my microphone level was real low so I went to adjust the level, but then it kep on changing itself to a lower microphone level around 30 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Braiden Smith, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Microphone audio automatically changing itself

I noticed my microphone level was real low so I went to adjust the level, but then it kep on changing itself to a lower microphone level around 30 20 or lower, I'm unsure what I should do.

:)

Braiden Smith, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 17, 2020
  3. Naveen_M Win User
    Audio recording settings / microphone settings on skype not working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

There is an option ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’ in Skype. Try adjusting Skype sound in the application by following the below steps:

a. Open Skype.

b. Navigate to Tools > Options > Audio Settings > Microphone.

c. Select the default device.

d. Uncheck the ‘Automatically adjust microphone settings’.

Also, I suggest you to adjust Skype sound in the control panel to fix the recording issues. You can do this by following the below steps:

a. Open ‘Control panel’.

b. Select ‘Sounds and Audio Devices’.

c. Click on ‘Playback’ tab.

d. Verify that nothing is set to mute.

e. Verify that microphone is checked under the ‘Recording’ tab.

Try updating Skype, if any update is available. Please follow the above steps and get back if the issue persists.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Naveen_M, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Microphone audio automatically changing itself

Blue Snowball microphone with low audio quality on Windows 10.

Hi Eoin,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change microphone or audio settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to check the issue by connecting with another microphone device on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer when you use the Microphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Please get back to us with an update on with low sound through Microphone, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Microphone audio automatically changing itself

1. Microphone audio automatically changing itself - Similar Threads - Microphone audio automatically

2. Windows audio lowers itself to mute automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows audio lowers itself to mute automatically: I ordered a pair of KZ es4's and they work perfectly on my phone, but when i connect them to my laptop window's volume lowers itself untill mute (and tries to go even lower) this doesn't happen immediately after plugging them in and there isn't some kind of pattern or set...
  3. Volume of microphone changes by itself

Volume of microphone changes by itself: Hi! I have a Blue Snowball. It works fine. The problem I have is that the volume of the microphone goes down to 2 sometimes and it's really bothering. Also, sometimes it gets up to 100. I have a almost fresh install of Windows. Reinstalled 2-3 days ago. I've checked most...
  4. My microphone level keeps changing itself

My microphone level keeps changing itself: So I have a USB microphone it's Fifine K669B (I have a pretty tight budget). I have to set the microphone level on 80 so it's not overly sensitive. but often times, the level changed itself sometimes by 2, sometimes to 100. I have disabled the exclusive mode and selected "do...
  5. Audio volume changes automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio volume changes automatically: When I am playing music on Windows Media Player and use some other apps,the sound volume changes automatically https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-changes-automatically/3618ca0a-b659-4f16-98f1-eac0e7068994
  6. Audio adjusting itself to 0 automatically!

Audio adjusting itself to 0 automatically!: I'm so tired of this, it randomly happens when I am in game or just on discord chilling. I even reinstalled Windows 10 and but the audio still keeps going down to 0 and it won't let me raise the volume. I use headphones and whenever I'm playing a game or watching a video or...
  7. Microphone sensitivity changing by itself

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone sensitivity changing by itself: Hi. I have problem with microphone sensitivity in Windows 10. I noticed, that it is changing by itself. I would like to lock it at 80, but it often increases. I already disabled "exclusive mode" in mic properties and also set "do nothing" in "communications" tab, but it's...
  8. Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off: After a recent windows update around last week, I started having problems with my microphone. I use a program for my microphone to make different sounds from it and to adjust the volume. The program only works when Audio Enhancements in the control panel is left on. After the...
  9. Audio changing by itself

Audio changing by itself: So i am trying to play Microsoft Flight simulator X on steam while in a discord call but, for some reason my computer keeps lowering discord's volume to where i can't hear who i am in a call with. I'm not even sure if this is the correct sub to ask but, is there a way i can...
  10. Microphone audio has lowered itself with same settings.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone audio has lowered itself with same settings.: Hi guys so i recently did a clean uninstall/reinstall of my Nvidia graphics drivers after a soft lock to solve an issue and my mic is now having issues. With the exact same settings as it had before im sounding softer on things like discord and teamspeak. Checking the sound...