Windows 10: Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the...

Discus and support Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Like the title says, my microphone Blue Yeti USB Microphone is being distorted by windows. I've checked on a separate computer and the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ToastKun, Mar 7, 2020.

1. ToastKun Win User

Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the...

Like the title says, my microphone Blue Yeti USB Microphone is being distorted by windows. I've checked on a separate computer and the microphone sounded fine. Bought a USB Hub to remedy some background static which worked but now I have this issue. Help please?

:)

ToastKun, Mar 7, 2020
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the...

Distorted sound in microphone while using skype

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on skype sound.

I will certainly help you with this.

Let's ensure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a. Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b. Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c. Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d. You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Also refer the below links:

Results in Skype - Microsoft Community

Results in Skype - Microsoft Community.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the...

1. Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the... - Similar Threads - Microphone audio being

2. Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it: I have an alien ware stereo gaming headset 310H, I use my laptop connected to a monitor with an hdmi cord, I connect my headset to my laptop and i hear no audio coming from the headset, when i open realtek audio console and i connect it to headphone or headset still nothing,...
  3. Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it: I have an alien ware stereo gaming headset 310H, I use my laptop connected to a monitor with an hdmi cord, I connect my headset to my laptop and i hear no audio coming from the headset, when i open realtek audio console and i connect it to headphone or headset still nothing,...
  4. Headset audio showing being transmitted in settings but no sound coming from it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone sounds distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone sounds distorted: Hi everyone,I just got a new Alienware laptop with Windows 11 and just can't seem to get the microphones to work properly. I have a Blue Yeti microphone and a few other less good ones. Whenever I try recording anything with them or when I listen to the device, I get really...
  6. Microphone sounds distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone sounds distorted: Hi everyone,I just got a new Alienware laptop with Windows 11 and just can't seem to get the microphones to work properly. I have a Blue Yeti microphone and a few other less good ones. Whenever I try recording anything with them or when I listen to the device, I get really...
  7. Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice: When I use my microphone which is part of a headset it records and plays my system sounds music, games, etc., however it does not record my voice at all. It is connected to the PC via the rear 3.5mm jack. I've tried connecting a seperate mic with USB and that works...
  8. PC audio is being transmitted through Microphone

PC audio is being transmitted through Microphone: All of my PC audio is being transmitted through my microphone, even when the mic isturned off or unplugged. Below is a picture showing how the audio plays through both the headphones and the microphone. Please note that my microphone was turned off in this picture, and it was...
  9. Microphone transmits sounds?

Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?
  10. Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio)

Random Periods of Lowered Audio Quality (Sounds Like Radio): My friend's laptop, a Dell G3 3779, started having random periods where the audio quality would lower as if it were being played through a radio, we tried to update the Realtek drivers to no avail, also uninstalling them altogether then restarting. Audio isn't my area of...