Windows 10: Microphone audio inop after every reboot

Discus and support Microphone audio inop after every reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A friend and I both have this save problem and we have worked for days with reload, checks of drivers, searching for any answers. Making the mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by K4PI.Mike, Feb 28, 2021.

1. K4PI.Mike Win User

Microphone audio inop after every reboot

A friend and I both have this save problem and we have worked for days with reload, checks of drivers, searching for any answers. Making the mic Default, or Default Comm which makes no difference in the problem. What happens, we are using Mic input on the rear of new I9 HP computers with Win 10 Pro. We set it up so it is working and all is fine until we reboot and after coming up the microphone will not work until the plug us pulled out and then pushed back in where upon were get a query on what did we plug into Line in or Mic We have tried both selection and either work after answering that question. I have the same setup on a HP I7 Win 10 which does not have this problem. It is Win 10 Home. It appears either the software or firmware is no polling the Mic jack after a reboot. I have use CODEC audio and that works fine after a reboot with no intervention but I need to use the Mic jack for an application so it is not just in my machine but in my friends also. It is a pain to have to cycle the rear mic jack every time we reboot. Any clues?

:)

K4PI.Mike, Feb 28, 2021

2. Audio device missing or inoperative in windows 10

All sound is inoperative in my windows 10 system. Happened when I reset the system using a Windows 10 download. Device manager lists " Audio device on high definition Audio Bus". Attempting to reload the driver for this device results in an error "IDT
    high definition Audio Codec error", a device attached to the system not operating" Is my Windows operating system download corrupt? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I tired downloading the Realtek Audio Manager as a substitute per a suggestion
    on this site. Installation appeared to be successful but I don't see it anywhere in Device Manager. Also got an error message that a cable was missing, needed plugged in. Seemed like it was looking for a game controller.

AdministratorKeeley, Feb 28, 2021
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone audio inop after every reboot - Similar Threads - Microphone audio inop

2. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  3. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  4. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microphone not working after reboot temporarily

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working after reboot temporarily: So what happens is, when I restart my computer my microphone works but then after 1 - 10 minutes it just stops working or gets really quiet to the point where you basically can't hear it, I tried updating drivers, troubleshooting, etc. I can't find a way to fix this, can...
  6. Microphone not working after reboot temporarily

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working after reboot temporarily: So what happens is, when I restart my computer my microphone works but then after 1 - 10 minutes it just stops working or gets really quiet to the point where you basically can't hear it, I tried updating drivers, troubleshooting, etc. I can't find a way to fix this, can...
  7. Microphone not working after reboot temporally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working after reboot temporally: So what happens is, when I restart my computer my microphone works but then after 1 - 10 minutes it just stops working or gets really quiet to the point where you basically can't hear it, I tried updating drivers, troubleshooting, etc. I can't find a way to fix this, can...
  8. Keyboard Inop after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard Inop after update: Have an HP laptop, was working fine UNTIL...pop up said I needed to update windows 10. Took over an hour to update. When it rebooted the last time and came up to the sign on screen the ALPHA portion of the keyboard is inoperative. Numeric portion works but not the alpha. I...
  9. Audio device missing or inoperative in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device missing or inoperative in windows 10: All sound is inoperative in my windows 10 system. Happened when I reset the system using a Windows 10 download. Device manager lists " Audio device on high definition Audio Bus". Attempting to reload the driver for this device results in an error "IDT high definition Audio...
  10. Audio issues upon every reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues upon every reboot.: Just as the titles states; why is it that every time I reboot with windows 10; it wipes out my sound? Its making me nuts!!! this once again is on a sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card. Why is it so frigging hard for creative to get their **it in gear and once...