Windows 10: Microphone audio input problem

Discus and support Microphone audio input problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windows Category - All, May 30, 2021.

1. Microphone audio input problem

Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input. I tried the ‘automatic troubleshooting’ from the HP support Assistant > fix audio issues, right click sound icon > troubleshooting, and the control panel > Hardware and Sound > troubleshooting. No problem was found. Then

:)

Windows Category - All, May 30, 2021

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 30, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Headphone audio works but microphone doesnt work.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• Are you able to use any other microphone on the computer?
    • Are you able to use the headphones microphone on any other computer?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Fix microphone problems

Also, you can follow the steps mentioned below to check if the Microphone is disabled:

1. Go to Settings >> Sound.
    2. Go to Check Input Devices >> Manage Sound Devices.
    3. Under Input Devices check if the device is Disabled.
    4. For Eg: You might see Stereo Mix.
    5. Click on Stereo Mix and click on
      Enable.

6. Now, test the Microphone and check if you are able to record audio.

Hope it helps. Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 30, 2021
  4. Microphone audio input problem

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Microphone audio input problem

1. Microphone audio input problem - Similar Threads - Microphone audio input

2. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with microphone input: Recently, when i try to use my mic it's simply not working and the input volume always at 100 its not decrease or fluctuate , i wonder if there are sonthing happen with my laptop or just the system. https://ibb.co/Fsqhzg8 here's the image...
  3. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with microphone input: Recently, when i try to use my mic it's simply not working and the input volume always at 100 its not decrease or fluctuate , i wonder if there are sonthing happen with my laptop or just the system. https://ibb.co/Fsqhzg8 here's the image...
  4. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  6. Audio input Microphone does not work.

Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  7. Microphone input problem

Microphone input problem: Hello,There seems to be a problem with the microphone, I have been using the phone for quite some time but I have to make a presentation this timeThe speaker output works perfectly fine.I have checked most of the trouble shooting info here but it doesn't seem to work. The...
  8. Problems with audio input

Problems with audio input: We have Windows 10 and use Yamaha MG20XU mixer for sound and it is connected with usb to computer. Sound in the room is fine, even loud, but in computer windows is almost zero or too low. Raised all volumes in the settings but keep getting low input. Drivers for mixer are up...
  9. Audio input problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio input problems: I am having a problem with static noise with my audio input, I do not have a microphone plugged in but i still get a static noise. I tried troubleshooting it but it says it doesn’t have any problems. Is there any fix to this issue?...
  10. Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems: Hi I've got a problem with this and it's driving me nuts. Literally. At the moment i've got a new Soundblaster Z, and a Rode Podcaster (USB) microphone. I do DJ'ing through winamp, SAM and the like - but as it stands I cannot play music and speak at the same time live....