Windows 10: Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard

Discus and support Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Description of Issue:My microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard. The audio is indeed being detected, however even with my settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xCrule, Apr 28, 2021.

1. xCrule Win User

Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard

Description of Issue:My microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard. The audio is indeed being detected, however even with my settings configured to maximise input volume, the audio is still unimaginably quiet.Troubleshooting Methods:Adjusted the volume/levels on 'Device Properties'Checked for all relevant driver updatesUninstalled and reinstalled all relevant driversConnected the headset to 4 different USB portsWindows factory resetTested 6 headsets, consisting of 3 different modelsAdditional Information:The below image shows the highest I am able to get the 'Test your microph

:)

xCrule, Apr 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Apr 28, 2021
  3. AndyC1989 Win User
    External microphone really quiet (Realtek HD Audio-Manager)

Hello,

I have a problem with the Realtek HD Audio-Manager. I bought a new headset a few days ago. It is working fine on the Playstation, tablet and on my mobile phone. However on my Notebook it is very quiet.

I plugged it in but the I think the Realtek HD Audio-Manager puts the internal microphone and my external microphone into one microphone array (well, that's what at least is showing in the system settings).

So even though I set every audio setting to maximum, the microphone is still very quiet. I also updated the drivers and reinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager.

Once when I deinstalled the Realtek HD Audio-Manager and I tried the troubleshooting it somehow worked fine for a few seconds. But then it reinstalled Realtek HD-Audio-Manager automatically and the microphone was quiet once again.

AndyC1989, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard

Windows 10 microphone too quiet.

Hello. I don't remember when exactly but my microphone is barely picking up my voice. Only place where it still catches my voice is teamspeak. But in game parties and when I'm checking the the microphone settings - it barely shows any sound input.
    I tried getting headset and it still is too quiet. I maxed out microphone settings in device properties, reinstalled drivers and still nothing changes.

I Skrivelis, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard

1. Microphone audio is so quiet to where I can barely be heard - Similar Threads - Microphone audio quiet

2. My microphone can barely be heard, help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone can barely be heard, help!: My microphone is barely making any sounds even though everything is at 100%.I've tried searching Google for a while now, I've tried everything people said but I can't seem to find a solution. My microphone is really quiet I have to scream for other to be able to hear me and...
  3. My microphone can barely be heard, help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone can barely be heard, help!: My microphone is barely making any sounds even though everything is at 100%.I've tried searching Google for a while now, I've tried everything people said but I can't seem to find a solution. My microphone is really quiet I have to scream for other to be able to hear me and...
  4. My microphone can barely be heard, help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too quiet microphone and audio problems: Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my...
  6. Desktop Audio can be heard through my microphone audio in recordings

Desktop Audio can be heard through my microphone audio in recordings: Hello I have had a strange problem for a long time now regarding microphone audio. Every time I record some audio say when I'm playing a videogame and I go to edit that video, I have set it up so there are only 2 audio tracks, one desktop audio, and one microphone audio....
  7. Microphone Quiet

Microphone Quiet: So recently I tried joining a discord call and my mic wasn't going through. My first instinct is to check if it's using the wrong mic, even though there's no other mic it could be using. In this menu, I notice that my computer is picking up my mic, but it's just so quiet that...
  8. Microphone barely picking up audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone barely picking up audio: I downloaded a voicemod and it's been messed ever since then. I've uninstalled the voicemod but it still picks up barely any audio. I've restarted my computer, reset all settings to default, got a new headset, and all my drivers are ok. Some said to right click the audio...
  9. Audio not heard

Audio not heard: having a problem hearing sound from my PC speakers whem playing youtube videos etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-heard/5b434b22-3aec-4ba1-bbcd-62a0450da49c
  10. Inbuilt microphone on laptop is so quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inbuilt microphone on laptop is so quiet: I have a lenovo ideapad laptop and recently the microphone quality on it has got very bad. When I'm on various video calls people can not hear me properly, which I have noticed was not a problem a few months ago. I have tried various troubleshoots and done virtually all...