Windows 10: Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

Discus and support Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tristan Lyman1, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to fix this but nothing works. I know its not a discord issue because whenever I change my microphone volume boost it goes back up to normal, but if i rejoin the call it goes back down somehow but still says the microphone boost is the same.Things I've tried:Tried to update driversChanged discord settingsTurned off "Allow appli

:)

Tristan Lyman1, Aug 10, 2022
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Volume on Microphone randomly spikes

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

This issue can occur if the device drivers are not up-to date or an application is taking control over Microphone. Please help us with the following information, so that we have a better understanding of the issue:

1. Are you using built-in Microphone or an external microphone?

2. If you are using an external microphone, what is the make and model of the microphone?

Meanwhile, here are few things that you can try:

Method 1: I would request you to

update the driver
    and uncheck the option “Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device”. Here are the steps to uncheck the option:

1. Right click on the Sound Icon at the bottom of the screen.
    2. Then click on Sounds and double click on
      Microphone.
    3. Go to Advanced tab and uncheck the option:
      Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device
    4. Click on Apply and then on
      OK

Method 2: If the above does not help, then you can follow the steps mentioned in the article:

Troubleshoot Surface sound and audio accessories
    (you can skip step 6).

Regards,

Naresh_K, Aug 10, 2022
  3. strawkat Win User
    Volume on Microphone randomly spikes

Using steam voice chat and my microphone's volume keeps spiking really loudly, sometimes when I'm not even near my laptop. Please help. have a Microsoft surface pro, bought just last year.

strawkat, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

SysMain CPU usage keeps randomly spiking

SysMain keeps randomly spiking CPU usage from 0% to around 11%. It’s happening every few minutes and it’s getting irritating. There aren’t any viruses or any other malicious software. Whats going on?? Is it normal??

kendramoment, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

1. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking - Similar Threads - Microphone audio keeps

2. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking: Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to...
  3. Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone audio keeps randomly spiking: Didn't know what topic to put this in, but every time I join a discord call my microphone audio defaults to the lowest possible volume and whenever i speak louder to someone it spikes all the way up to the loudest it can be and then goes back down. I've tried everything to...
  4. SysMain CPU usage keeps randomly spiking

SysMain CPU usage keeps randomly spiking: SysMain keeps randomly spiking CPU usage from 0% to around 11%. It’s happening every few minutes and it’s getting irritating. There aren’t any viruses or any other malicious software. Whats going on?? Is it normal??...
  5. audio spikes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio spikes randomly: when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]...
  6. audio spikes randomly

audio spikes randomly: when I start playing audio, it will go up to a very high volume for a split second, then go back down.this only happens sometimes and most often after the computer hasnt been outputting audio for a while.[moved from de-de]...
  7. Audio Volume keeps spiking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Volume keeps spiking: So recently as of about the beginning of December the volume of my PC has been spiking at random ties for random periods of time.I know it's my PC volume because every program making noise spikes at once. Game, video, music, etc.The weird thing is, that the actual volume...
  8. Audio Volume keeps spiking

Audio Volume keeps spiking: So recently as of about the beginning of December the volume of my PC has been spiking at random ties for random periods of time.I know it's my PC volume because every program making noise spikes at once. Game, video, music, etc.The weird thing is, that the actual volume...
  9. Audio Volume keeps spiking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Volume on Microphone randomly spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume on Microphone randomly spikes: Using steam voice chat and my microphone's volume keeps spiking really loudly, sometimes when I'm not even near my laptop. Please help. have a Microsoft surface pro, bought just last year....