Windows 10: Microphone audio only coming out of left ear

Discus and support Microphone audio only coming out of left ear in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I'm having this problem where when I record microphone audio and/or go to my microphone properties and check "Listen to this device," the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pepic_, Nov 11, 2020.

1. /u/Pepic_ Win User

Microphone audio only coming out of left ear

Hey, I'm having this problem where when I record microphone audio and/or go to my microphone properties and check "Listen to this device," the audio only comes out of the left ear.

I saw a supposed solution was to go into the microphone properties > advanced > setting the default format drop box to "1 channel," however there is no 1 channel option for me.

Any fixes for either of the two problems? Thanks.

submitted by /u/Pepic_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pepic_, Nov 11, 2020

2. Sound only playing in left ear

I plugged in a splitter cable to use my headphones as a microphone but now only the left ear plays audio, I updated my computer and restarted it so I don't know why it isn't working. It works fine without the splitter cable.

worthykazoo, Nov 11, 2020
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Russinsky Win User

Microphone Playback comes out of 1 ear only

Hey, i've had this problem since i resetted the PC that my headset microphone didn't work in skype or any other programs strangely it worked in teamspeak, the reason for this is that the sound on the microphone plays through the right ear only i've tried

- Reinstalling Drivers

- Installing Realtek Drivers and MSI Audio Drivers none of them fixed this

Russinsky, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone audio only coming out of left ear - Similar Threads - Microphone audio coming

2. Audio only playing out of one ear.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio only playing out of one ear.: Hello. About 2 weeks ago my audio completely cut out of the left ear of my headset. No clue why. I have confirmed that this is not a hardware issue because I have tested multiple audio jacks, headsets, USB adapters and everything else the issue is still there. Here is the...
  3. Audio only playing out of one ear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio only playing out of one ear.: Hello. About 2 weeks ago my audio completely cut out of the left ear of my headset. No clue why. I have confirmed that this is not a hardware issue because I have tested multiple audio jacks, headsets, USB adapters and everything else the issue is still there. Here is the...
  4. Audio only playing out of one ear.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headphones only working in left ear.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  6. Headphones only working in left ear.

Headphones only working in left ear.: I have just built myself a brand new pc and I have plugged in my regular headphones that work perfectly fine on other devices and audio is only coming through the left ear. I have checked the balancing and it says that both are fine. The troubleshooter says nothing is wrong,...
  7. Audio Coming out of only one ear, no balance option

Audio Coming out of only one ear, no balance option: I have a Corsair Void Elite Wireless and one day it just stopped using the right side of the ehadset. sometimes it works when i like tap the side of it, otherwise it doesnt. There is also no balance option in my headsets properties. Neither a driver reset button that i could...
  8. Audio only playing out of one ear.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only playing out of one ear.: Hi everyone! Issue is as the title says. Everything was working fine until I connected a second monitor (Technika LCD22-921, I was desperate) and the audio shifted to the right ear only. Using a HDMI cable with that and the audio device immediately defaulted to that. I...
  9. Sound only playing in left ear

Sound only playing in left ear: I plugged in a splitter cable to use my headphones as a microphone but now only the left ear plays audio, I updated my computer and restarted it so I don't know why it isn't working. It works fine without the splitter cable....
  10. Audio only coming out left side on all devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only coming out left side on all devices: Just got a new pc and after downloading realtek audio driver all sound is coming out only the left. This is not an issue with the headphones, speakers or balance levels. I don’t know what to do now please help. submitted by /u/wg1224 [link] [comments]...