Windows 10: Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self

Discus and support Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So like the title mentions my microphone auto adjusts and mutes it self, I got a razer kraken 7.1 v2, I don't know the cause for that so I request... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AlcalinePT, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self

So like the title mentions my microphone auto adjusts and mutes it self, I got a razer kraken 7.1 v2, I don't know the cause for that so I request help, I turned off the auto gain control in the apps (discord, teams, skype) in the sound settings I unchecked the let apps gain control off, this is really annoying since I have to switch it back all the time, now I don't know what the issue is I use razer synapse 2.0 it only adjust the volume and mutes the mic sometimes but it never changes the sensitivity nor other settings, I would like to know how to fix this.

submitted by /u/AlcalinePT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AlcalinePT, Dec 27, 2020
  2. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Microphone mutes itself

Thank you for the update.

To troubleshoot your issue, you can check the answer of TechRaj and
    Vijay B on this thread: Microphone auto muting and
    levels go down to zero
    . It contains video link and troubleshooting steps on how to fix the mic issue.

For any results, kindly update this thread.

Rey Bel1, Dec 27, 2020
  4. FJKatt Win User

Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self

Microphone is self muting and setting volume to zero

I've been having this self-muting microphone issue for a month or more, and although it's a well-recognized issue in Win 10, none of the half-dozen fixes I've tried have worked. That includes the instructions received from Microsoft's tech service. I
    am in desperate need of help. I need my microphone for video conferencing for work. Thanks to anyone who can help.

FJKatt, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self

1. Microphone auto adjusting and muting by it self - Similar Threads - Microphone auto adjusting

2. Mic is self muting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is self muting: Hello, my microphone is self muting in control panel after a some time of inactivity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-self-muting/10358e04-1681-413e-962a-308122d828f8
  3. Microphone auto adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone auto adjusting volume: Hi, so I've found an issue with the microphone today while using google meet. The others participants were hearing me too loudly, so I decided to lower the microphone volume, but after a few seconds it started increasing the volume again. I already disabled the exclusive...
  4. Microphone auto adjust!!!

Microphone auto adjust!!!: Who came up with the ridiculous idea to auto adjust the microphone?? With so many things half baked and broken in windows 10, is it MS's mission to break everything else as well?? With one of the worst customer ratings in the world, one would think that you lot might want to...
  5. Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume?: Windows keeps turning my microphone volume down which isn't very helpful since I speak very quietly most of the time. My microphone is a Blue Yeti and I already turned off the exclusive control. submitted by /u/404Aroma [link] [comments]...
  6. Xbox game bar microphone keeps on muting it self.

Xbox game bar microphone keeps on muting it self.: Im a pretty good fps player and sometimes i just make plays that are worthy of being clipped but i also want to record my reaction when making those plays. The problem is, everytime i alt+tab or switch programs, xbox game bar decides to mute it self even when i checked the...
  7. Self Muting

Self Muting: Every time I get on a Zoom call, my computer self mutes off and on. When I unmute, them it takes time for me to be heard on the call. Then it self mutes again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/self-muting/5c6b6718-62e7-4cd3-bf84-0967234dd6bc
  8. Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting

Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting: My microphone volume is being auto-adjusted and I can't find why. I have already disabled allow apps to take exclusive control. Confirmed Skype is not set to auto-adjust. Neither is Steam Friends list. Example Image You can see in the example, it starts out high, can...
  9. Auto microphone adjust to max

Auto microphone adjust to max: I'm having this problem which whenever i open any game, my mic automatically boost it to 100. I'm using a blue yeti and it frustrates me so much that i have to adjust manually to 0. I have searched a lot of solution and it didn't work. For example: Dota 2 whenever the game...
  10. Microphone Auto Adjust

Microphone Auto Adjust: On Windows 10, microphone keeps automatically adjusting. Anything to help? I have no idea what is wrong, so just reply if you need more info. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-auto-adjust/57afd8d5-bacf-46c5-b09b-61a0492c2668