Windows 10: Microphone Auto Gain Control Problems

Discus and support Microphone Auto Gain Control Problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey Folks, I was wondering if anyone else but me is having problems with their Microphone AGC setting. Every single AGC Setting for my microphone is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mustafa Isa, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Microphone Auto Gain Control Problems

Hey Folks,

I was wondering if anyone else but me is having problems with their Microphone AGC setting.

Every single AGC Setting for my microphone is turned off but yet on every startup my Windows decides to regulate my Input Level.

Only after disabling and reenabling the microphone the AGC won't actually do something.

Is this a known issue? Is there a permanent fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Mustafa Isa, Aug 21, 2020

2. audio auto gain control

Hi Ben,

Changing the microphone settings are one of the possible ways to resolve the issue. Let's check the sound settings thru Control Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Sound.
    • Go to Recording tab.
    • Right-click your Microphone, then click Properties.
    • Go to Advanced tab.
    • Uncheck the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device.
    Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Martin Bar, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Headset microphone problems Windows 10

Hello Steyn,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that windows is unable to configure the microphone settings for your headset device.

I would suggest you to use the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Microphone Setup Wizard

• Type “Set up Mic” in Cortana’s Search box.

• Follow the instructions provided to set up your microphone.
    Check your microphone’s drivers

• Type in “Device Manager” in the Search box and select it from the list.

• Expand Sound, video and game controllers

• Right-click (or tap and hold) your microphone device and select
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
      This option will scan the Internet for the correct version of the driver or determine if you already have the most recent driver installed.
      You may be prompted to restart your computer to install the driver.
    Manually turn up the mic gain

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select
      Sound (Control Panel)
      from the list.

• Select the Recording tab.

• Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.

• Select the Levels tab.

• Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.
    Write to us with the updated information. If the issue still persists we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Microphone Auto Gain Control Problems

Microphone won't work

Hello Chase,

Based on what you've mentioned, it looks like we need additional information for us to determine the most appropriate advice. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you manually turn up mic gain by following the steps below:

• Type in “Sound” in the Search box and select Sound (Control Panel) from the list.
    • Select the Recording tab.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) on the active microphone input device and select
      Properties.
    • Select the Levels tab. Manually drag the Microphone gain to a higher level and click
      Apply.

Any update from you is highly appreciated.

Dyan Rey, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Auto Gain Control Problems

1. Microphone Auto Gain Control Problems - Similar Threads - Microphone Auto Gain

2. Gain control of my location service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gain control of my location service: I followed recommendations on YouTube to check and fix my system running on Windows 11 for any virus/malware with "TRON". Thereafter the location service on my PC cannot be switched back on...it says that "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation". How can I...
  3. Gain control of my location service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gain control of my location service: I followed recommendations on YouTube to check and fix my system running on Windows 11 for any virus/malware with "TRON". Thereafter the location service on my PC cannot be switched back on...it says that "Some of these settings are managed by your organisation". How can I...
  4. I can't change my microphone gain.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't change my microphone gain.: Hello, I've been running into issues with my new Jounivo microphone, and I found a solution in my manual, which told me to change the gain to a specific amount, although when I try to change the gain of my microphone I can't find the volume booster slider, and even after...
  5. Feature to prevent auto microphone gain adjustment.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Feature to prevent auto microphone gain adjustment.: I want Windows to prevent other applications from effing with my microphone's gain.Full stop. That's it. I want Windows to do this. There are a bazillion applications that use the mic and they are all effing with it.Don't come here and talk about using Skype to disable it. I...
  6. GAINING ABSOLUTE FILE CONTROL / PRIVILEGES?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    GAINING ABSOLUTE FILE CONTROL / PRIVILEGES?: What is the secret to gaining absolute file control being able to read / write / execute ALL files? i.e. I want to rename cd C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2102.8653.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Cortana.exe to No.exe. Access denied. Even in a System /...
  7. Microphone auto gain control

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone auto gain control: When I talk loudly windows changes my gain down and when I talk quietly windows changes my gain up and I want to disable it but nothing works, I tried to update my mic driver or going to the Mic properties > Advanced, and then uncheck "Allow applications to take exclusive...
  8. Microphone gain keep adjusting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone gain keep adjusting itself: Hey! So, it looks like i can't fix my microphone gain fixing itself on windows 10. I disabled apps to have control of every input i have but everytime i set it to, let's say, 69 it goes back to 100 or so in a bunch of seconds. The only apps i'm running in the background are...
  9. Steam Games auto adjusting microphone gain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam Games auto adjusting microphone gain: I use a Rode USB mic and in some games windows will automatically adjust the gain to 100% when launching, i have looked everywhere for an answer on how to stop this but nothing ever works. i never had this happen on Win 7 so i’m assuming its a win 10 issue Is there a way i...
  10. How to gain control

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to gain control: Number one, I strongly suspect that Windows 10 FORCES me to take updates, and I strongly suspect that this is either the root cause or contributing factor in recent crash and lockup to inescapable Preparing Automatic Repair" hanging screen. Can't tell you version or build...