Windows 10: Microphone barely picking up any sound

Discus and support Microphone barely picking up any sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelismaQueen, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Microphone barely picking up any sound

I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this morning, all good. Went out for lunch, came back and now it barely picks up any sound, nothing changed as far as I know, didn't even turn off my laptop. When I use the "test" option on the mic and talk the bar goes to maybe 5% at most, no one can hear me. Apps like discord and OBS aren't picking up basically any sound, you hear a low whisper if you pay attention. The "get help" app suggested I update the drivers, I did and restarted laptop after but it's still the same, audio trouble shoot says everything is working.

Why is my input so low all of a sudden and how do I fix it please?

Thank you

:)

MelismaQueen, Jan 10, 2020

2. Microphone barely picking up voices

My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but change the speed it picks up but not the range. Anyone know how? Here's the Microphone specification details:

Microphone (High Definition Audio Driver)

Driver Properties: Microsoft

Driver Date: 6/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.17134.1

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Model Version: Generic Software Device

RykerKalish®, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Microphone barely picking up voices

Hi, Ryker,

Follow these steps.

Click the Recording tab.

Select the microphone, then click Properties. Figure : Recording tab in the Sound window

Click the Levels tab.

Change the microphone level to 100 and the Microphone Boost to +10.0dB. Figure : Levels tab in the Microphone Properties window

Click Apply.

Disconnect and reconnect the microphone.

Check the microphone recording level.

For a Wireless Microphone follow these steps.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/wireless-micr...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Smittychat., Jan 10, 2020
  4. Arcadian Win User

Microphone barely picking up any sound

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Microphone barely picking up any sound

1. Microphone barely picking up any sound - Similar Threads - Microphone barely picking

2. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  3. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  4. Windows barely picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows barely picking up Microphone: Hello, Iv had this issue for a while now but basically I have a headset, it works perfectly fine on Discord but it dosnt really work outside that. When i run tests on the microphone through windows it only gets about 2% when shouting into the mic. I have tried to boost the...
  5. Windows barely picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows barely picking up Microphone: Hello, Iv had this issue for a while now but basically I have a headset, it works perfectly fine on Discord but it dosnt really work outside that. When i run tests on the microphone through windows it only gets about 2% when shouting into the mic. I have tried to boost the...
  6. microphone not working / not picking up any sound in settings tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone not working / not picking up any sound in settings tab: i have a razer sieren mini it was working fine until i done windows update. I have tried everything under the sun all fixes from YouTube/internet and still not picking up anything at all i have spent hours trying to fix this but have not had any luck...
  7. Microphone barely picking up audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone barely picking up audio: I downloaded a voicemod and it's been messed ever since then. I've uninstalled the voicemod but it still picks up barely any audio. I've restarted my computer, reset all settings to default, got a new headset, and all my drivers are ok. Some said to right click the audio...
  8. Microphone unable to pick up any sound on settings

Microphone unable to pick up any sound on settings: Hi, Today I was playing around with Audacity and enabled stereo mix for the first time in ages to record some audio from my XPS 13. After doing this, my microphone started playing up and people were unable to hear me on discord and facebook messenger calls. I had a look at...
  9. Microphone barely picking up my voice

Microphone barely picking up my voice: So i got a new mic for something like 50€ a month ago and my voice is barely getting recognized by my PC. YouTube tutorials always say i should increase the boost on my microphone but the option is not showing up. What can i do to increase my mic's sensitivity?...
  10. Microphone barely picking up voices

Microphone barely picking up voices: My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but change the speed it picks up but not the range. Anyone know how? Here's the Microphone specification details: Microphone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone barely picking up voice

2. computer mic barely picking up sound

3. discord barely picking up voice

4. mic only picks up tapping,
  5. microphone barely picking up sound