Windows 10: Microphone barely picking up audio

Discus and support Microphone barely picking up audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I downloaded a voicemod and it's been messed ever since then. I've uninstalled the voicemod but it still picks up barely any audio. I've restarted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElliottMoore, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Microphone barely picking up audio

I downloaded a voicemod and it's been messed ever since then.

I've uninstalled the voicemod but it still picks up barely any audio.

I've restarted my computer, reset all settings to default, got a new headset, and all my drivers are ok.

Some said to right click the audio icon and click "Recording" but no such option is available.

:)

ElliottMoore, Nov 6, 2020

2. Microphone barely picking up voices

My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but change the speed it picks up but not the range. Anyone know how? Here's the Microphone specification details:

Microphone (High Definition Audio Driver)

Driver Properties: Microsoft

Driver Date: 6/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.17134.1

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Model Version: Generic Software Device

RykerKalish®, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Microphone barely picking up any sound

I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this morning, all good. Went out for lunch, came back and now it barely picks up any sound, nothing changed as
    far as I know, didn't even turn off my laptop. When I use the "test" option on the mic and talk the bar goes to maybe 5% at most, no one can hear me. Apps like discord and OBS aren't picking up basically any sound, you hear a low whisper if you pay attention.
    The "get help" app suggested I update the drivers, I did and restarted laptop after but it's still the same, audio trouble shoot says everything is working.

Why is my input so low all of a sudden and how do I fix it please?

Thank you

MelismaQueen, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Microphone barely picking up audio

Microphone picks up headphone audio.

Hi,

A microphone is a sound receiver device that can record sounds and convert it to an audio file. To help us identify your concerns with your microphone, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What is the exact brand and model of your microphone?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver and press
      Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Did you use this microphone normally before? If yes, can you tell us if this was working properly?
    • Have you already contacted your manufacturer of your microphone for troubleshooting instructions?
    • Can you check if the device was installed properly in the Device Manager? To check it, follow these steps:
    1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click Device Manager.

3. Expand Sound, Video and game controllers.

4. Check if the devices under it have a yellow exclamation mark.

In addition, you can visit this link:
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 to know how to reinstall your microphone on your
    PC.

We are looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Microphone barely picking up audio

1. Microphone barely picking up audio - Similar Threads - Microphone barely picking

2. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  3. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  4. Windows barely picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows barely picking up Microphone: Hello, Iv had this issue for a while now but basically I have a headset, it works perfectly fine on Discord but it dosnt really work outside that. When i run tests on the microphone through windows it only gets about 2% when shouting into the mic. I have tried to boost the...
  5. Windows barely picking up Microphone

Windows barely picking up Microphone: Hello, Iv had this issue for a while now but basically I have a headset, it works perfectly fine on Discord but it dosnt really work outside that. When i run tests on the microphone through windows it only gets about 2% when shouting into the mic. I have tried to boost the...
  6. Microphone picking up PC audio

Microphone picking up PC audio: I've been struggling with this for a long time and decided to post the question here. For some reason my microphone is picking up all of the audio from my pc. I have already tried a lot of things.Mix stereo is turned offThe microphone is not picking up physical sound from my...
  7. Microphone not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not picking up audio: Hello, I would like to hear some advice as to what I should do in this situation: My built-in microphone on my ASUS laptop windows 10 is not picking up audio anymore for some reason, and I did not change any settings. I have done literally everything from checking if the...
  8. Microphone barely picking up any sound

Microphone barely picking up any sound: I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this morning, all good. Went out for lunch, came back and now it barely picks up any sound, nothing changed as far as I know,...
  9. Microphone barely picking up my voice

Microphone barely picking up my voice: So i got a new mic for something like 50€ a month ago and my voice is barely getting recognized by my PC. YouTube tutorials always say i should increase the boost on my microphone but the option is not showing up. What can i do to increase my mic's sensitivity?...
  10. Microphone barely picking up voices

Microphone barely picking up voices: My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but change the speed it picks up but not the range. Anyone know how? Here's the Microphone specification details: Microphone...