Windows 10: Microphone barely picking up my voice

Discus and support Microphone barely picking up my voice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i got a new mic for something like 50€ a month ago and my voice is barely getting recognized by my PC. YouTube tutorials always say i should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LadislasJamar de Bolsée, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Microphone barely picking up my voice

So i got a new mic for something like 50€ a month ago and my voice is barely getting recognized by my PC. YouTube tutorials always say i should increase the boost on my microphone but the option is not showing up. What can i do to increase my mic's sensitivity?

:)

LadislasJamar de Bolsée, Dec 1, 2019

2. Microphone barely picking up voices

My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but change the speed it picks up but not the range. Anyone know how? Here's the Microphone specification details:

Microphone (High Definition Audio Driver)

Driver Properties: Microsoft

Driver Date: 6/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.17134.1

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Model Version: Generic Software Device

RykerKalish®, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Microphone barely picking up voices

Hi, Ryker,

Follow these steps.

Click the Recording tab.

Select the microphone, then click Properties. Figure : Recording tab in the Sound window

Click the Levels tab.

Change the microphone level to 100 and the Microphone Boost to +10.0dB. Figure : Levels tab in the Microphone Properties window

Click Apply.

Disconnect and reconnect the microphone.

Check the microphone recording level.

For a Wireless Microphone follow these steps.

https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/wireless-micr...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Smittychat., Dec 1, 2019
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Microphone barely picking up my voice

Microphone barely picking up voices

Hi Ryker, thanks for your question. I'm Graeme, a Microsoft Community expert and fellow user.

I'll give you the steps to increase your microphone gain:

- Right-click the volume icon in your system tray at the bottom right of your screen and select Recording Devices.

- Double-click your microphone.

- Under the Levels tab, you can increase the boost slider to increase the gain of your microphone.

If that doesn't work, see if the troubleshooter fixes the issue. Click Start and type "troubleshoot" then select the first result. Scroll down and choose Speech. This may reset the microphone settings and fix the issue.

Please let me know if you still need support after these steps! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Microphone barely picking up my voice

1. Microphone barely picking up my voice - Similar Threads - Microphone barely picking

2. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  3. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  4. Microphone not picking up my voice

Microphone not picking up my voice: recently the front 2 3.5mm audio jacks one for headphones and other for microphone stopped working, so i decided to buy a usb adapter and the audio from my headset is now working but the microphone is not picking up my voice unless i put it right up against my lips. i have...
  5. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  6. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  7. Windows barely picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows barely picking up Microphone: Hello, Iv had this issue for a while now but basically I have a headset, it works perfectly fine on Discord but it dosnt really work outside that. When i run tests on the microphone through windows it only gets about 2% when shouting into the mic. I have tried to boost the...
  8. Windows barely picking up Microphone

Windows barely picking up Microphone: Hello, Iv had this issue for a while now but basically I have a headset, it works perfectly fine on Discord but it dosnt really work outside that. When i run tests on the microphone through windows it only gets about 2% when shouting into the mic. I have tried to boost the...
  9. Microphone barely picking up audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone barely picking up audio: I downloaded a voicemod and it's been messed ever since then. I've uninstalled the voicemod but it still picks up barely any audio. I've restarted my computer, reset all settings to default, got a new headset, and all my drivers are ok. Some said to right click the audio...
  10. Microphone barely picking up voices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone barely picking up voices: My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but change the speed it picks up but not the range. Anyone know how? Here's the Microphone specification details: Microphone...