Windows 10: Microphone barely picking up voices

Discus and support Microphone barely picking up voices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RykerKalish®, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Microphone barely picking up voices

My microphone on my computer barely picks up anything, even when close to it or even yelling. I tried boosting the frequency but that did nothing but change the speed it picks up but not the range. Anyone know how? Here's the Microphone specification details:

Microphone (High Definition Audio Driver)

Driver Properties: Microsoft

Driver Date: 6/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.17134.1

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Model Version: Generic Software Device

:)

RykerKalish®, Dec 6, 2018

2. Microphone doesn't pick up voice.

Hi Gijuana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Do you get any error message or error code on the screen?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    As of now I suggest you t follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run and check hardware device troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the step:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.
    • Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.
    • Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator. (Enter credentials if prompted)
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Make sure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d) You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Method 3: If the issue still persists, then let’s try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps. Please follow the steps given below.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      Properties

• Select Compatibility Tab

• Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

• Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Hope the information helps. Please get back to us with a reply so that we can assist you better.

Nachappa C K, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Built-in Microphone not picking up voice correctly.

Hello. I am using Windows 10 Inspiron ONE2330, which is a desktop computer. I have been having a problem with my built-in microphone. Every time when I talk into it, it barely picks up my voice. I would only hear my voice, but muffled very badly. This problem
    has been around for the last two to three months. During that time I was trying to find a solution to the problem or someone with a very similar problem but I have not found any. I have checked my settings and I have also troubleshooted the problem but nothing
    has solved anything. I've opened the settings tested if it would pick up my voice, and the green bar for it was very low. I have even checked to see if my microphone's drivers need to be updated. I realized that they needed to be updated, but each time I updated
    them they'd still say the same date of the last update as before. Also, it is still saying that there are still available updates for the drivers. I do know that this computer is over two years old so I was suspecting that there was dust clogging up the microphone.
    The thing is I do not know where the built-in microphone is located in my computer. Does anybody know how to fix this problem? If so, thanks in advance.

Mikayla Williams, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Microphone barely picking up voices

Microphone detected but not picking up voice. (Windows 10)

I bought a new gaming pc and I've had for a week. I tried my phone's headphones to see if I could talk to my friends with it, but it doesn't pick up my voice. It recognizes the microphone but can't record voice. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and
    reinstalling. I've the levels of the microphone and I've enabled and set the microphone as the default. How do I fix this?

Some AsianDude, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Microphone barely picking up voices

1. Microphone barely picking up voices - Similar Threads - Microphone barely picking

2. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  3. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  4. No Microphones Picking up my Voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Microphones Picking up my Voice: Hello! So just today I went to to play some games and work with some other programs that involve voice chat but it seems like my voice is not being picked up by any microphone I use. I used a plug in microphone, and even the one the comes with the computer and none of them...
  5. Windows barely picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows barely picking up Microphone: Hello, Iv had this issue for a while now but basically I have a headset, it works perfectly fine on Discord but it dosnt really work outside that. When i run tests on the microphone through windows it only gets about 2% when shouting into the mic. I have tried to boost the...
  6. Windows barely picking up Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows barely picking up Microphone: Hello, Iv had this issue for a while now but basically I have a headset, it works perfectly fine on Discord but it dosnt really work outside that. When i run tests on the microphone through windows it only gets about 2% when shouting into the mic. I have tried to boost the...
  7. Microphone barely picking up audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone barely picking up audio: I downloaded a voicemod and it's been messed ever since then. I've uninstalled the voicemod but it still picks up barely any audio. I've restarted my computer, reset all settings to default, got a new headset, and all my drivers are ok. Some said to right click the audio...
  8. Microphone doesn't pick up voice

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone doesn't pick up voice: Today my mic picks up my voice really low, but it still picks up the keyboard and mouse sounds. Yesterday it was working perfectly fine. I've tried all the troubleshooting advice I saw online, meaning I did all I could on the Settings > Sounds windows, and tried to update my...
  9. Microphone barely picking up any sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone barely picking up any sound: I have a Lenovo Ideapad L340 and use the built in microphone which is a RealTek , never had an issue with it. Talked with people using my laptop this morning, all good. Went out for lunch, came back and now it barely picks up any sound, nothing changed as far as I know,...
  10. Microphone barely picking up my voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone barely picking up my voice: So i got a new mic for something like 50€ a month ago and my voice is barely getting recognized by my PC. YouTube tutorials always say i should increase the boost on my microphone but the option is not showing up. What can i do to increase my mic's sensitivity?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone barely picking up voice windows 10

2. mic barely picks up voice

3. computer barely picks up mic

4. windows 10 microphone not picking up voice picks up taps,
  5. windows 10 barely picking up mic 2020,
  6. razer microphone barely picking up sound,
  7. my mic is barely picking up my voice,
  8. razer kraken randomly started barely picking me up,
  9. razer kraken barely picks up talking,
  10. computer barely detects microphone,
  11. windows 10 mic barely picking up audio,