Windows 10: Microphone being recognized as headphones

Discus and support Microphone being recognized as headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop. I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by p4radx, May 9, 2019.

1. p4radx Win User

Microphone being recognized as headphones

I am using a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series 2-in-1 laptop.

I do not have Realtek HD Audio Manager. I have tried getting it, but it wouldn't run.

I plugged my 4 pin microphone into the combined headphones/mic port. The mic, however, is being recognized as "Headphones" in the sound panel, and the only microphone in the "Recording" panel is my onboard mic. What can I do to fix this?

:)

p4radx, May 9, 2019
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Microphone being recognized as headphones [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, May 9, 2019
  3. Computer won't recognize headset microphone

Microphone being recognized as headphones [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, May 9, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Microphone Not Recognized

Thank you for posting back.

We suggest you to make sure that the headphone that you are using are set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Playback devices”.
    • Now, right click on empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the headphone is enabled & set as default.
    • Reconnect your headphones and check if issue is resolved.

Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Microphone being recognized as headphones - Similar Threads - Microphone being recognized

2. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  3. Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Recognized as a HEADPHONE: so recently i bought my bm 800 mic and i plugged it in then it appeared as a headphone and i tried every thing on youtube it still didnt work so if anyone knows how to make the system recognise the mic as a mic please dont hesitate and help asap....
  4. earphones/headphones not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    earphones/headphones not being recognized: hey i have a problem with my headphones when i plug them in. If i plug them in normally, they dont get recognized, but if i leave them plugged in and restart my laptop, they get recognized, and from there if i try replugging them again they dont get recognized.I have tried...
  5. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  6. Headphones being recognized as speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones being recognized as speakers: In the past I could fix this using realtek hd audio manager, but for some reason, with the release of windows 11 I can't do this anymore? My headphones are being recognized as speakers, but I cant them to headphones. I've tried doing so manually in the control panel, but for...
  7. External Microphone being recognized as Headphones in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    External Microphone being recognized as Headphones in Windows 10: Many Windows users are experiencing an error, when they add an external Microphone to their computer, it gets recognized as headphones. This can be a bit frustrating especially if you are a content creator who doesn’t want to use a poor-quality Mic that comes bundled with...
  8. Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone with mic attached being recognized as either a microphone or a headphone: So I have a brand new MSI codex R gaming desktop, and I have been stuck with this issue for 2 weeks now. I have a gaming headphone that has a mic attached with it. The problem here is that I have 2 jack ports in my pc, one that has a silhouette representing a microphone, and...
  9. Headphones Recognized as Microphone

Headphones Recognized as Microphone: Today when I plugged in my ear buds, a menu popped up: "which device did you plug in? Microphone, Headphones, etc." I accidently clicked Microphone, didn't realize it, and checked "don't show this again" and Done. Now, the device only shows up as a microphone no audio output....
  10. Headphones are being recognized as speakers.

Headphones are being recognized as speakers.: So i have my headphones pluged in at the front. The sound comes out of headphones but headphones get recognized as speakers. People in skype or teamspeak can hear everything i lisen to or my game sounds like i woud be playing with speakers i dont how to fix plz help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mic and headphones only recognized as headphones

2. mic being recognized as headphones

3. my mic is recognized as headphones windows

4. microphone recognized as headphones,
  5. headphones recognized as microphone,
  6. microphone recognized as speaker,
  7. why would a webcam have a headphone head,
  8. microphone recognized as headphones no speaker sound,
  9. microphone recognized as speaker and microphone fix,
  10. my mic is being recognized as headset,
  11. windows10 microphone recognized as speaker,