Windows 10: Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

Discus and support Microphone boost goes up to +10db max? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is this a hardware limitation? The microphone boost goes up to 10db? [img] 140948 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Firecatmon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

Is this a hardware limitation? The microphone boost goes up to 10db?

Microphone boost goes up to +10db max? [​IMG]

:)

Firecatmon, Oct 6, 2019

2. Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

Is this a hardware limitation? The microphone boost goes up to 10db?

Microphone boost goes up to +10db max? [​IMG]

Firecatmon, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Helmut Win User
    Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

It is a practical useable limit.
    My mic boost slider goes to +36 dB in 12 dB steps but unusable above +12 dB, with the first slider at max.
    Even with noise cancellation/suppression, and echo reduction, still unusable above about +12 dB.
    It is a Realtek chipset, the drivers are a mix of drivers from 2013 and Windows updates. It works, I don't mess with things that work.

As that is a more modern Laptop it is probably the useable limit, possibly hardware.

I use boost set to +12 dB which means the max in the main first slider is that, so essentially a max limit.
    As a practical test I use the Windows 10 Voice Recorder App. Useful to assess the differing qualities of mics.

Helmut, Oct 6, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Well, +20db would be typical- I guess that's what wou're expecting...

Considered here, with no solution:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-e3f12c2476a3

Figures up to 40dB are mentioned- this shows 30dB..
    How to Boost or Increase Microphone Volume in Windows 10

-which comments:
    Lenovo offers a useful System update tool you should download if you don't already have it,

dalchina, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Microphone boost goes up to +10db max? - Similar Threads - Microphone boost goes

2. External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB: Hello I'm using Legion 5 15IMH05H and I have an issue with my microphone. I can't set my mic boost any further than +10dB. But if I use my other laptop ASUS X550V, I can set the mic boost up to +30dB. I tried many ways that are suggested on Youtube and forums, but still...
  3. External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB: Hello I'm using Legion 5 15IMH05H and I have an issue with my microphone. I can't set my mic boost any further than +10dB. But if I use my other laptop ASUS X550V, I can set the mic boost up to +30dB. I tried many ways that are suggested on Youtube and forums, but still...
  4. External Mic boost can't go further than +10dB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why isn't microphone boost showing up

Why isn't microphone boost showing up: I got a new microphone Blue Yeti and I noticed that microphone boost isn't on there. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make it show up because I want to use it....
  6. Microphone boost

Microphone boost: I bought a new laptop yesterday and im unable to adjust the microphone boost on an external mic, but its not that it doesn't support mic boost because i have adjusted it on a different laptop, but im unable to on this specific one. and i've already tried disabling allow...
  7. Microphone boost at +20dB but recording volume goes quiet in app

Microphone boost at +20dB but recording volume goes quiet in app: So every time I open Discord and go into voice chat, my mic will be quiet. Naturally, I thought it may have something to do with the Recording devices in system sound settings, so I go to my mic, click on 'Properties' and then set the boost to +20.0dB except it is always...
  8. Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values): I was using older Win like XP, 7, 8 but now with 10, I suddenly have this problem. When I plug the microphone, it asks me if that was a microphone, and obviously I said yes. After noticing that the sensibility was extremely low I went to the settings (just like I did with...
  9. Microphone boost

Microphone boost: Hello, I would like to know any way possible to increase the volume of my microphone for general purposes of voice communication. I mainly use Discord, Teamspeak and Microsoft Teams. As you can see in the screenshots below, the micrphone level is at the maximum and there...
  10. Microphone Boost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Boost: alright so i'm seeing for some people that their mic boost can go up to 30-40db, but mine is capped at 10db (apparently its the max) I was wondering if I could somehow remove that cap, maybe I can't do it at all, but I'm using realteks audio drivers and I've already tried...