Windows 10: Microphone boost

Discus and support Microphone boost in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to know any way possible to increase the volume of my microphone for general purposes of voice communication. I mainly use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M.Dodge, May 1, 2020.

1. M.Dodge Win User

Microphone boost

Hello,

I would like to know any way possible to increase the volume of my microphone for general purposes of voice communication.

I mainly use Discord, Teamspeak and Microsoft Teams.

As you can see in the screenshots below, the micrphone level is at the maximum and there is no boost option in any windows included advanced.

Microphone boost [​IMG]

Microphone boost [​IMG]

Thank you for your assistance.

:)

M.Dodge, May 1, 2020

2. Can't boost microphone in Windows 10

Thanks for replying Microphone boost :)

I did all the steps listed, but as shown in the screenshot above there is no Microphone Boost slider to modify. And in the "Custom" tab the Microphone Boost box is check-marked so I have no idea why its not showing.

_Daniel_S_, May 1, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't boost microphone in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

How to Raise the Mic Volume in Windows 10.

• Right click on Speaker on the
      System Tray.

• Select Recording Devices.

• This will bring the Sounds window on your screen. In the
      Recording tab of Sounds window, you will notice the microphone which is active, i.e. the one with a green tick mark. Right click on the active microphone and select its
      Properties

• Click on Levels tab of
      Microphone Properties. This tab exhibits you two sections:
      Microphone andMicrophone Boost.

• Use the sliders to modify your volume settings. You can take the Microphone Boost slider up to +40 dB. To save the changes, don’t forget to click
      Ok button. If you do the modification while the conversation goes on then you will get the immediate feedback of the output sound from the end user and so you can adjust the volume using the sliders as per requirement.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 1, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Microphone boost

Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

Well, +20db would be typical- I guess that's what wou're expecting...

Considered here, with no solution:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-e3f12c2476a3

Figures up to 40dB are mentioned- this shows 30dB..
    How to Boost or Increase Microphone Volume in Windows 10

-which comments:
    Lenovo offers a useful System update tool you should download if you don't already have it,

dalchina, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Microphone boost

1. Microphone boost - Similar Threads - Microphone boost

2. ROG Ally Microphone Boost is missing on all installed devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ROG Ally Microphone Boost is missing on all installed devices: I play video games on my Asus ROG Ally And I play a lot of multiplayer, It was fine till about a week ago when my microphone stopped picking up My voice and is now too quiet to pick up input in any games I looked around online. And I also figured out that my microphone boost...
  3. ROG Ally Microphone Boost is missing on all installed devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ROG Ally Microphone Boost is missing on all installed devices: I play video games on my Asus ROG Ally And I play a lot of multiplayer, It was fine till about a week ago when my microphone stopped picking up My voice and is now too quiet to pick up input in any games I looked around online. And I also figured out that my microphone boost...
  4. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  5. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  6. Microphone Boost Reduced after Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Boost Reduced after Windows 11: When on Windows 10, all my mics had microphone boost from -20db to 40db, when I upgraded to Win 11, they're only -20db to 0db and way to quiet at max volume...
  7. Microphone Boost Reduced after Windows 11

Microphone Boost Reduced after Windows 11: When on Windows 10, all my mics had microphone boost from -20db to 40db, when I upgraded to Win 11, they're only -20db to 0db and way to quiet at max volume...
  8. I don't have microphone boost on my USB microphone

I don't have microphone boost on my USB microphone: I use a SteelPlay USB microphone and i want to change my microphone sensitivity but i can't find the microphone boost like in my older microphone wich was not USB but 3.5mm jack output.Can someone please help me ?...
  9. I don't have microphone boost on my USB microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't have microphone boost on my USB microphone: I use a SteelPlay USB microphone and i want to change my microphone sensitivity but i can't find the microphone boost like in my older microphone wich was not USB but 3.5mm jack output.Can someone please help me ?...
  10. I don't have microphone boost on my USB microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming