Windows 10: Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open

Discus and support Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For about a month now my mic has been not working, i presume it to be the pc because it stopped working after the pc crashed one day. I've looked up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jacobnoffke, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open

For about a month now my mic has been not working, i presume it to be the pc because it stopped working after the pc crashed one day. I've looked up a multitude of fixes, but the only one that could be my answer is using privacy settings, but every time I open the microphone privacy it automatically closes itself. Anything that will stop that?

:)

jacobnoffke, Oct 19, 2018

2. window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Answers to your questions:

• Yes, both are working properly before.
    • Yes, i'm logged in as administrator.
    • No app can use camera or microphone. All apps said to allow in the privacy setting.

And i can't really solve using the adjustment on privacy setting. 'cause as i've said before, everytime i open camera or microphone setting in privacy, the window crashes everytime.

as for the troubleshooting, it couldn't identify the problem.

orangeshearts, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open

window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Hi Orangeshearts,

I would like to verify some information regarding the problem with your camera and microphone. Allow me to ask the following:

• Was your camera and microphone working before?
    • Aside from updating the drivers, what other updates or changes were performed prior to the problem?
    • Are you currently logged in as the administrator?
    • Have you set which apps can access and use your camera and microphone?

If you haven't set any apps to use your camera and microphone, then follow these steps:

• Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Camera.
    • Make sure that Let apps use my camera hardware is toggled ON.
    • Under Choose apps that can use your camera, toggle on the apps you want to give access to.
    • Do the same for the microphone. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

If the issue persists, then please run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Here's how:

• In the Cortana search, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
    • Click Troubleshooting > View all.
    • Search for and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please share the results on this thread for further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open

1. Microphone Broke and privacy settings dont open - Similar Threads - Microphone Broke privacy

2. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  3. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  4. Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting: Hello! I have a notebook and the microphone suddenly stopped working, not only the built-in microphone but when I connect a headphone doesn’t work as well, in the settings it does show as connected but no sound goes through, I’ve tried updating the drivers, disable and enable...
  5. Microphone privacy settings turn off instantly after opening it. Microphone doesnt work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone privacy settings turn off instantly after opening it. Microphone doesnt work: Today my microphone's stopped working I talking about headphones and a deafault one I tried many diffrent ways what are showed on youtube but non of them worked They said to go into PRIVACY settings, when i get there i click on ,,microphone", it opens and closes instantly....
  6. Camera and microphone privacy settings disappear

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera and microphone privacy settings disappear: I cannot use my microphone in Zoom. When I went to click on my camera and microphone settings, it disappears - the dialogue closes. Any ideas how I can get access to the camera and microphone permissions?...
  7. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  8. Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.: Okay, I have researched a lot on this matter of the privacy settings on Windows 10 before having to come to this conclusion. My Microphone Privacy settings for the Xbox Game Recorder is Broken. I try to turn the mic on and it says that my privacy settings don't allow that and...
  9. Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.

Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.: [ATTACH] I was using my microphone on my razer headset a few days ago, until I come back, and it had just stopped working. The headset works fine, but the mic does not seem to be recording any sound. I have already checked the sound control panel and everything is selected...
  10. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone privacy settings doesnt open