Windows 10: Microphone Button Not Working...On Only One Account

Discus and support Microphone Button Not Working...On Only One Account in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Windows 10. I have my main profile/account on here, and everything works. I'm the administrator on the laptop. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Makenna W, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Makenna W Win User

Microphone Button Not Working...On Only One Account

Hi! I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Windows 10. I have my main profile/account on here, and everything works. I'm the administrator on the laptop. My younger brother has his own account, and every time he tries to video call his friend, his microphone doesn't work. I finally figured out that I had the microphone disabled on my account, and that carried over. I enabled it, and got the microphone to work. However, I like to keep it disabled, and can only disable and enable the microphone from my account. My toggle button only works on my account, not his. Does anyone know why this is, and how

:)

Makenna W, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 30, 2021
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone Button Not Working...On Only One Account - Similar Threads - Microphone Button Working

2. Microphone only working in browser

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only working in browser: Hi, i dont really know why, but my microphone only works in chrome and brave browser. No other software or application. Doesn't work on discord, on obs, on zoom, on Skype. Not even in the windows setting appIt's been like this for 3 years now and i tried everything. Checked...
  3. Microphone only working in browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone only working in browser: Hi, i dont really know why, but my microphone only works in chrome and brave browser. No other software or application. Doesn't work on discord, on obs, on zoom, on Skype. Not even in the windows setting appIt's been like this for 3 years now and i tried everything. Checked...
  4. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other: Hello,Recently, I seem to be having issues with my bluetooth headphones. Whenever I set an application to start using the microphone of my headphones, they stop outputting sound. When I set an app to not use it's microphone, the sound comes back. Only one or the other works...
  5. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other: Hello,Recently, I seem to be having issues with my bluetooth headphones. Whenever I set an application to start using the microphone of my headphones, they stop outputting sound. When I set an app to not use it's microphone, the sound comes back. Only one or the other works...
  6. Headset only works with microphone or sound- one or the other

7. mic only works on one account

mic only works on one account: so, I'm trying to use my headset for videocalls as we all are. but on my personal acount, it won't work. I've looked into it and the answer i got was to change the privacy settings, so I did that and it didn't do anything. the mic works on the sccount that was created first...
  8. Microphone not working, only works with cortana

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone not working, only works with cortana: For some stupid reason my microphone is being detected, works perfectly fine, but literally every application other than cortana does not work. Before you ask, yes I have enabled apps to use my microphone. Windows has detected no issues with it, and it says everything is...
  9. Search Bar Not Working Only For One Account

in Cortana
    Search Bar Not Working Only For One Account: My issue is that i am using windows 10 pro and have TWO accounts logged into the same laptop. when I log into my first account my search bar will just stop working i don't know why. and if i log into the other account the search bar works. i have tried thousand's of ways and...
  10. Microphone only works on Discord.

Microphone only works on Discord.: My microphone only works on discord. Its at default in the recording settings. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-only-works-on-discord/b2867288-d343-4ee2-8eed-caa6498d1aab