Windows 10: Microphone causing headphone static

Discus and support Microphone causing headphone static in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I turn in the boost setting for my mic I can hear static in the headphones. The sound is constant even when I'm not listening to the mic. my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MaggotMC, Nov 23, 2021.

1. MaggotMC Win User

Microphone causing headphone static

Every time I turn in the boost setting for my mic I can hear static in the headphones. The sound is constant even when I'm not listening to the mic. my mic is too quiet to hear without the microphone boost setting so I don't know what to do. I've already tried raising the microphones volume in the settings and it still inaudible without the boost. I'm using Nubwo U3 headphones

:)

MaggotMC, Nov 23, 2021
  2. SupaCrow Win User

Headphone with built in microphone uses as Microphone, not Headphone

Okay, so I have an Asus laptop with Windows 10. I am using an Ultimate Ears Headphone with built in microphone. The problem is that i want to use the headphone part, but all the the laptop registers is the microphone.
    Microphone causing headphone static [​IMG]

How can I change this, as i cannot watch videos without disturbing others.

SupaCrow, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Salvyar Win User
    Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Nov 23, 2021
  4. AliseReid Win User

Headphones, microphone issue.

The device is the default and I have updated the drivers. They say they are up to date. I'll answer your questions below.

• Are you getting any error message?
      • No error messages.
    • When did the issue start? It started last month sometime.
      • It goes in and out of doing what I want it to.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to the issue?
      • No changes were made.
    • Have you tried using a different headphone to isolate the issue?
      • Yes.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you d so far?
      • I have tried updating drivers, setting defaults, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, changing headphones, turning off the microphone, changing the settings in Realtek Manager.

I've tried a lot of stuff without any luck. I'm not sure what the issue is.

AliseReid, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone causing headphone static - Similar Threads - Microphone causing headphone

2. Microphone Static Issue:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Static Issue:: So, whenever i am recording my voice on Audacity, or just talk. I can't speak anymore, whenever i want to say something, the static only plays. I set everything to defaults. Here is an...
  3. Microphone Static Issue:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Static Issue:: So, whenever i am recording my voice on Audacity, or just talk. I can't speak anymore, whenever i want to say something, the static only plays. I set everything to defaults. Here is an...
  4. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  5. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  6. Microphone causing headphone static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone causing headphone static: Every time I turn in the boost setting for my mic I can hear static in the headphones. The sound is constant even when I'm not listening to the mic. my mic is too quiet to hear without the microphone boost setting so I don't know what to do. I've already tried raising the...
  7. Microphone causing headphone static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone causing headphone static: Every time I turn in the boost setting for my mic I can hear static in the headphones. The sound is constant even when I'm not listening to the mic. my mic is too quiet to hear without the microphone boost setting so I don't know what to do. I've already tried raising the...
  8. Repeating headphone static

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeating headphone static: Due to how I configured my computer, I use my headphones without any speakers. I also have a WMR Headset Lenovo Explorer where I connect said headphones and use the Realtek USB2.0 Driver. After a few minutes, whenever the audio stops due to any reason and comes back, it...
  9. Windows causing static in headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows causing static in headphones: Today I came home to a static sound playing through my headphones. It is not a problem with the headphones, they work on other devices. I tried restarting my computer and updating sound drivers. submitted by /u/harrisonh_14 [link] [comments]...
  10. Headphones Static Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones Static Problem: So when I connect my headphones all I can hear is static. When I unplugged them I can hear through my speakers. My headphones work when I connect them to my phone or any other device....