Windows 10: Microphone connection with Cortina not working

Discus and support Microphone connection with Cortina not working in Cortana to solve the problem; microphone working but will not connect to Cortana or Zoom tested no sound have spoken to agent but could not put right any advice?This seems after an... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ukmikeb12, Jun 22, 2021.

1. ukmikeb12 Win User

Microphone connection with Cortina not working

microphone working but will not connect to Cortana or Zoom tested no sound have spoken to agent but could not put right any advice?This seems after an update

:)

ukmikeb12, Jun 22, 2021
  2. chedar(2) Win User

cortina app,

My Cortina app on my laptop cant hear me. And its not there when I got to microphone.. How do I add to list of apps to use my mike. Thank you.

chedar(2), Jun 22, 2021
  3. Microphone connection

Hi,

Regarding your query with your microphone connection, we suggest to answer the following questions below:

• What is the make and model of your microphone?
    • What is the specs of your microphone?

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Microphone connection with Cortina not working - Similar Threads - Microphone connection Cortina

2. Microphone not working with Adobe Connect Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working with Adobe Connect Application: Hi everyone. I have an issue with the application. my microphone is working perfectly with other apps. it also works when using adobe connect on the browser. however, when using the app, the option to use the microphone is here but no one is able to hear me. i tried the audio...
  3. Line In connection and Microphone stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Line In connection and Microphone stopped working.: All of the programs I use with Line In have been giving me "Error -9999" messages and I cannot figure out why this happened. I have several programs which all say the same thing. All programs used to work correctly. Even the Microphone doesn't work any more. Speakers are...
  4. what happened to my cortina

in Cortana
    what happened to my cortina: don't know happened to my cortina https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-to-my-cortina/d62af349-5bde-410a-97bb-8f88f48a7e73
  5. Microphone not working for any connected device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working for any connected device: The onboard microphone and the microphone in any device I connect will not work. The microphone shows as connected in the audio properties under the recording tab. But when I speak no green bars appear. It shows as connected and working in any app that uses a microphone e.g....
  6. Microphone not working for any connected device

in Windows 10 Support
    Microphone not working for any connected device: The onboard microphone and the microphone in any device I connect will not work. The microphone shows as connected in the audio properties under the recording tab. But when I speak no green bars appear. It shows as connected and working in any app that uses a microphone e.g....
  7. how to type to cortina

in Cortana
    how to type to cortina: HOW TO TYPE TO CORTINA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-type-to-cortina/2e7f33db-0899-4d33-8fac-010d3d869a91"
  8. One Drive and Cortina sign in

in Cortana
    One Drive and Cortina sign in: I have had a surface with windows 10 for almost 2 years. recently when I try to save a file I had previously saved to one after I revised it, it wont let me save the file and asks that I sign n again. when I go to sign in (correct email account and password) it simply says it...
  9. Cortina

in Cortana
    Cortina: I want to purchase a microphone. So i can talk my text on window 10 desktop. Wht do i need? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortina/eda50f09-dcfc-46eb-8948-bc12d80374c9"
  10. Cortina permanently ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortina permanently ON: For some unknown reason the "Start" box remains continually turned on. Anyone know how to turn it off please? See attached screen shot for example. Cheers, 97128