Windows 10: Microphone cutting in and out

Discus and support Microphone cutting in and out in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running Windows 11 Home. I have been in S mode since I bought the laptop less than 3 months ago however needed Zoom for my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HelenThomas9, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Microphone cutting in and out

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running Windows 11 Home. I have been in S mode since I bought the laptop less than 3 months ago however needed Zoom for my job, so had to leave S mode.I am using a Razer Seiren Mini microphone for my job. I've only had it a couple of weeks. It's been running fine until today where the recording keeps cutting in and out, like it's missing bits. And the software I use periodically doesn't register the microphone and I get error messages. Before I send back my $100 microphone as faulty and risk not meeting my professional deadlines, I'd like to check if there is anythi

:)

HelenThomas9, Apr 10, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Microphone cuts out on Skype and does not work on Blue Jeans meeting software

Neither inline microphone or Microsoft Headset usb microphone works on Blue Jeans meeting software and cuts out in Skype. What steps do I need to take to correct this problem?

BobStrodtbeck, Apr 10, 2022
  4. Microphone cutting in and out

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Microphone cutting in and out

1. Microphone cutting in and out - Similar Threads - Microphone cutting

2. Why is my headset microphone cutting out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my headset microphone cutting out?: I just bought razer wireless headset and my microphone is cutting out all the time on every application i use it in and I have tried everything to try fix it but i just ran out of ideas fix it. I also after i got the new headset have had issues where i cant hear any sound...
  3. Why is my headset microphone cutting out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my headset microphone cutting out?: I just bought razer wireless headset and my microphone is cutting out all the time on every application i use it in and I have tried everything to try fix it but i just ran out of ideas fix it. I also after i got the new headset have had issues where i cant hear any sound...
  4. All my microphones cut in and out.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All my microphones cut in and out.: Ive tried three different microphones on my pc. The one attached to my headset, and two standalone microphones that are plugged in via USB. I kept thinking it was an issue with my microphones, however this is the third attempt, i bought it brand new and it still cuts in and...
  5. All my microphones cut in and out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my microphones cut in and out.: Ive tried three different microphones on my pc. The one attached to my headset, and two standalone microphones that are plugged in via USB. I kept thinking it was an issue with my microphones, however this is the third attempt, i bought it brand new and it still cuts in and...
  6. All my microphones cut in and out.

7. My microphone cuts in and out only while playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone cuts in and out only while playing video games.: I am on Windows 11. Whenever I play a video game my microphone becomes chopping. That is, my friends will hear the first word I say and then nothing else. It doesn't matter if I am on Discord, Xbox Parties, or using an In Game Voice Chat.The input is totally fine and...
  8. My microphone cuts in and out only while playing video games.

My microphone cuts in and out only while playing video games.: I am on Windows 11. Whenever I play a video game my microphone becomes chopping. That is, my friends will hear the first word I say and then nothing else. It doesn't matter if I am on Discord, Xbox Parties, or using an In Game Voice Chat.The input is totally fine and...
  9. microphone cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone cuts in and out: hello,i have a corsair void rgb elite, i just purchased a new laptop with windows 11, but the problem is that when im using desktop apps my microphone cuts in and out every second. when i use an app store application the microphone works fine and does not cut in and out. ive...
  10. microphone cuts in and out

microphone cuts in and out: hello,i have a corsair void rgb elite, i just purchased a new laptop with windows 11, but the problem is that when im using desktop apps my microphone cuts in and out every second. when i use an app store application the microphone works fine and does not cut in and out. ive...