Windows 10: Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

Discus and support Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kaylee8193932, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord calls or recording, but as soon as I get in game in Fortnite it messes up. With other players, my microphone is fine when no one is speaking or no other microphone is detected but as soon as someone makes a noise or speaks my microphone doesn't detect what I say and cut out. It's aggravating for me and other players. Am i doing something wrong or did I fidget with any settings that would've caused this? Please let me know. Thank you!

:)

kaylee8193932, Apr 12, 2020

2. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord calls or recording, but as soon as I get in game in Fortnite it messes up. With other players, my microphone
    is fine when no one is speaking or no other microphone is detected but as soon as someone makes a noise or speaks my microphone doesn't detect what I say and cut out. It's aggravating for me and other players. Am i doing something wrong or did I fidget with
    any settings that would've caused this? Please let me know. Thank you!

kaylee8193932, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Microphone cuts out when others speak.

I'm playing an online game called World of Tanks, and I will be speaking, and when another person speaks my mic will cut out until the people are done talking. I already have exclusive mode turned off for the microphone as suggested to me by peers.

AmericanDeadeye, Apr 12, 2020
  4. LeonLaude Win User

Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

Microphone & Speaking

Hi tlcadieux2,

There are a number of reasons why you are having challenges in using the Microphone while talking to Cortana.

Below are the different methods on how to get this resolved.

Method 1: Turn on the Microphone in Settings.

This is the most common reason why the Microphone is not working. You can turn on the Microphone by following these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Privacy.
    • Click Microphone.
    • Under Let apps use my microphone, slide the toggle button to turn it on.

Method 2: Set up Microphone from the Control Panel.

Modifying the Sound Settings may help in resolving your concern. Follow the steps below:

• Type Sound in Cortana Search.
    • Choose the first search result.
    • Click the Recording tab.
    • If you can’t find the Microphone from the list, right-click on the list then select Show Disabled Devices, otherwise proceed to step 5.
    • Right-click the Microphone.
    • Select Enable.
    • Click Properties.
    • Choose the Levels tab.
    • Set the Microphone volume to a higher value.
    • Choose the Enhancements tab.
    • Tick the box beside the Disable all sound effects option.
    • Hit OK.

Method 3: Update the Microphone driver.

Here’s an article that would walk you through the steps on how to update drivers
    in Windows 10. It also includes steps in case you would have to uninstall and reinstall the Microphone driver.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

1. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game - Similar Threads - Microphone cutting players

2. microphone cuts in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone cuts in and out: hello,i have a corsair void rgb elite, i just purchased a new laptop with windows 11, but the problem is that when im using desktop apps my microphone cuts in and out every second. when i use an app store application the microphone works fine and does not cut in and out. ive...
  3. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone cutting in and out: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 running Windows 11 Home. I have been in S mode since I bought the laptop less than 3 months ago however needed Zoom for my job, so had to leave S mode.I am using a Razer Seiren Mini microphone for my job. I've only had it a couple of weeks. It's been...
  4. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone cutting in and out: Someone please help. I have tried every single solution for fixing my microphones problem of cutting in and out. Its like my microphone input volume turns itself down in set intervals.It doesn't matter which mic i use, including the built in mic on my laptop. All the apps i...
  5. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone cutting in and out: Someone please help. I have tried every single solution for fixing my microphones problem of cutting in and out. Its like my microphone input volume turns itself down in set intervals.It doesn't matter which mic i use, including the built in mic on my laptop. All the apps i...
  6. Microphone cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game: My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord calls or recording, but as soon as I get in game in Fortnite it messes up. With other players, my microphone is fine when no...
  8. Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone cutting out when other players speak in game: My microphone has been cutting out while others players speak, I have a USB microphone that's new. My microphone is completely fine when i'm in discord calls or recording, but as soon as I get in game in Fortnite it messes up. With other players, my microphone is fine when no...
  9. Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking

Microphone keeps cutting out and sometimes doesn't hear me speaking: Hi basically what the title says, I have some pictures of my settings, drivers are up to date an all. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-keeps-cutting-out-and-sometimes-doesnt/bd8d3494-b8c3-44ac-9eb1-a5eebd22646c
  10. Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.

Microphone cuts out when it's to quiet.: My microphone cuts out when it's to quiet. I can fix this problem by turning my microphone levels all the way up. But then my microphone sounds distorted. Anyway to fix this without making my mic sound distorted? My microphone is an Excelvan BM-800 being plugged into an...