Windows 10: Microphone dB stuck at 0

Discus and support Microphone dB stuck at 0 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I am unable to adjust my mic dB. For some odd reason it is stuck at 0. I dont know why and i need some help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by owenmark, May 3, 2020.

1. owenmark Win User

Microphone dB stuck at 0

Hi I am unable to adjust my mic dB. For some odd reason it is stuck at 0. I dont know why and i need some help.

:)

owenmark, May 3, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Microphone Boost level not going beyond 10 dB

Hello Elenwood,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Recent software changes can affect the ability of your device function. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

Method 1: Set the default value in Audio Settings.

You can set the microphone boost value from 0.0 dB to +40 dB using the slider provided. If the slider is limited to +10 dB on the max, kindly follow the steps given below and see if it works.

• From the Start menu, search for
      Manage audio devices
      and click on it.
    • Go to the Recording tab and right click on the
      active microphone which has a green check mark on it to select
      Properties
    • From the General tab, switch to Advanced
      tab and uncheck the option ‘Allow application to take executive control of this device’.
    • Click on Apply and OK.
    • Unplug the microphone and replug it to check if you can increase the Microphone Boost level beyond 10 dB.

Method 2: Update Sound card driver.

I would recommend you to visit the manufacturer’s website, to download the compatible drivers for the sound card and to install them on the computer.

For further information, you may refer the article here to Update drivers in Windows 10.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 3, 2020
  3. Audio Recording Problem. Microphone not working

Okay so...

I followed the steps on the first link and it worked, but when also listing to music or playing a game, the people who I was talking to could hear my game or music. This lead me to a undo what I did and turn the microphone boost back down to 0 (I turned
    it up to 10 dB) and left the Microphone at 100 (which is what I always had it at), during all of this I was talking to a friend and before I started to follow the steps on the second link I tested to see how I sounded. He said that it was perfect and back
    to how I usually sounded, so THANK YOU I guess..

Judge Jackson, May 3, 2020
  4. TomStrong Win User

Microphone dB stuck at 0

Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:

• Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Microphone dB stuck at 0 [​IMG]

TomStrong, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Microphone dB stuck at 0

1. Microphone dB stuck at 0 - Similar Threads - Microphone stuck

2. Windows 10/11 issue where microphone input is stuck at full static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10/11 issue where microphone input is stuck at full static: Finally reaching out for help with this after putting up with it for way too long. Basically what the question says, I have an issue that started in Windows 10 and persisted through the upgrade to Windows 11, and also persisted through upgrading my MoBo/CPU/PSU/GPU. In...
  3. Windows 10/11 issue where microphone input is stuck at full static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10/11 issue where microphone input is stuck at full static: Finally reaching out for help with this after putting up with it for way too long. Basically what the question says, I have an issue that started in Windows 10 and persisted through the upgrade to Windows 11, and also persisted through upgrading my MoBo/CPU/PSU/GPU. In...
  4. how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?: this morning I opened my computer to go on a zoom meeting and realized no one can hear me when I went to my friend who is more familiar with computers he checked and told me that he doesn't know why but my microphone is stuck on level zero how do I fix this?here is what...
  5. how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?

how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?: this morning I opened my computer to go on a zoom meeting and realized no one can hear me when I went to my friend who is more familiar with computers he checked and told me that he doesn't know why but my microphone is stuck on level zero how do I fix this?here is what...
  6. how do i fix my microphone being stuck on level zero?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop microphone stuck at low volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop microphone stuck at low volume: I've just brought my laptopwhen tested, my microphone show the result of 2% of total volumewhat I've done- check that the microphone has the right permission and turn every setting to max- Troubleshoot settings- update/reinstall driver...
  8. Laptop microphone stuck at low volume

Laptop microphone stuck at low volume: I've just brought my laptopwhen tested, my microphone show the result of 2% of total volumewhat I've done- check that the microphone has the right permission and turn every setting to max- Troubleshoot settings- update/reinstall driver...
  9. Microphone stuck on the pre-built one, can't switch it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone stuck on the pre-built one, can't switch it.: I've had this laptop for around 4 to 5 years, however only recently I have realized the issue for a problem I've been having. My microphone is stuck on the computer's prebuilt one, which is very quiet. I recently obtained a headset, and tried to switch the microphone to that...
  10. Microphone stuck on the pre-built one, can't switch it.

Microphone stuck on the pre-built one, can't switch it.: I've had this laptop for around 4 to 5 years, however only recently I have realized the issue for a problem I've been having. My microphone is stuck on the computer's prebuilt one, which is very quiet. I recently obtained a headset, and tried to switch the microphone to that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com