Windows 10: Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed

Discus and support Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The pictured icon suddenly appeared on my desktop and is positioned in the top right corner of my desktop. It obscures the close/resize controls of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaleB123, Sep 9, 2020.

1. DaleB123 Win User

Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed

The pictured icon suddenly appeared on my desktop and is positioned in the top right corner of my desktop. It obscures the close/resize controls of full screen apps. How can I remove or reposition it?

Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed 71a0e35d-0038-4c43-9392-beeab6c71095?upload=true.jpg

:)

DaleB123, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone/Desktop Icon Cannot Be Removed - Similar Threads - Microphone Desktop Icon

2. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  3. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  4. Cannot remove shortcut icon thats in the desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove shortcut icon thats in the desktop in Windows 11: Hello, I want to remove the shortcut icon on my Desktop so that it looks clean. I tried using the registry editor trick but it still didn't work.Is there any possible way to remove it? Thanks!...
  5. Cannot remove shortcut icon thats in the desktop in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot remove shortcut icon thats in the desktop in Windows 11: Hello, I want to remove the shortcut icon on my Desktop so that it looks clean. I tried using the registry editor trick but it still didn't work.Is there any possible way to remove it? Thanks!...
  6. Desktop icons randomly removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons randomly removed?: https://imgur.com/a/D4CUM90 (sorry if this is the wrong sub) Today, when I booted up my PC, a bunch of desktop icons were missing. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/CraftyTim [link] [comments]...
  7. desktop icons safely remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons safely remove: What happens when I remove an icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-safely-remove/53e04827-891e-43d4-bf05-d7589bb7b734
  8. .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    .pdf icon cannot be removed from the desktop: From a web page I saved as a .pdf,now I have the icon on the desktop. But,I cannot remove it,open or rename this icon. I tried to move it to the recycle bin but nothing happens. I'm not an expert at all. Can,please,someone help me. Thank you 130314
  9. Microphone on/off icon removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone on/off icon removal: Is there a way to remove the icon that shows up on the screen every time the microphone is turned on and off? Also when volume is truned up and down. Please see circled in red below.[ATTACH]...
  10. Remove desktop icon highlight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove desktop icon highlight?: Hello all Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent highlighted box around my desktop icons in both a light version if I just hover over it with the mouse curser that goes away if I...