Windows 10: Microphone detected but can't hear it.

Discus and support Microphone detected but can't hear it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My microphone is detected but I can't hear it. I have tested the mic with both my Sound Blaster X-AE5 PCI sound card and the motherboard integrated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elektro91, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Microphone detected but can't hear it.

My microphone is detected but I can't hear it. I have tested the mic with both my Sound Blaster X-AE5 PCI sound card and the motherboard integrated audio. In control panel/Sound/Recording the microphone has a green tick (detected) but no green bars register when speaking into the mic.

I have checked all of the microphone settings in Windows settings - System/Sound and Privacy/Microphone and everything is enabled. I have verified the microphone does work on another system.

I have an Asus Maximus XI motherboard and am running Win 10 2004, however the issue was present on Win 10 1909 also. I am out of ideas on what the issue could be.

submitted by /u/Elektro91
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elektro91, Aug 20, 2020
  2. sergO3 Win User

Headphones microphone not detected

Hi guys, my microphone worked well till someone changed some settings on my laptop and now idk how to change it back. I can hear in my headphones but the microphone is not detect. Only the laptop microphone works.... I have Steelseries arctis 3

Microphone detected but can't hear it. [​IMG]

ed.

sergO3, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Vivian_S Win User

Microphone detected but can't hear it.

Microphone not working

Hi Tal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with the Microphone on your computer. In order to get better clarity, please let us know:

• What is the build version of Windows 10 Home installed on your computer? You can click on Search and type
      winver.
    • Are you using and internal or external microphone?

Meanwhile, let us try a few steps and see if it helps.

I would suggest you to check
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10

Once the microphone is setup, please check the settings referred in Cortana can't hear me.

Let us know the results. If issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Vivian_S, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Microphone detected but can't hear it.

1. Microphone detected but can't hear it. - Similar Threads - Microphone detected can't

2. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls: I'm working with a user who said for the last couple days nobody is able to hear them on calls through their computer, but they can when she calls them on her mobile phone. All calls computer/mobile are using the same exact headset, a Jabra Evolve 75.Calls on the computer are...
  3. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls: I'm working with a user who said for the last couple days nobody is able to hear them on calls through their computer, but they can when she calls them on her mobile phone. All calls computer/mobile are using the same exact headset, a Jabra Evolve 75.Calls on the computer are...
  4. Microphone Input Detected by System and Apps, Others Cannot Hear on Calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset Microphone can't be detected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone can't be detected: Hi guys!I've used my headset with a microphone for over 2 years now. About a week ago I noticed that my microphone wasn't working properly, so I bought a new one, sine I wanted to buy a new one anyways. But now Windows cant detect the new microphone too. I've tried to look...
  6. Headset Microphone can't be detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset Microphone can't be detected: Hi guys!I've used my headset with a microphone for over 2 years now. About a week ago I noticed that my microphone wasn't working properly, so I bought a new one, sine I wanted to buy a new one anyways. But now Windows cant detect the new microphone too. I've tried to look...
  7. Headset Microphone can't be detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Microphone is not woking on Zoom i can hear them but they can't hear me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone is not woking on Zoom i can hear them but they can't hear me: When on Zoom I can hear my team mates but they can't hear me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-not-woking-on-zoom-i-can-hear-them/ba265b51-6a80-4809-92aa-90339f3bc42a
  9. Windows can't detect internal microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can't detect internal microphone: Hi, I don't remember since when this started but suddenly the apps in my laptop can't detect the internal microphone. I have tried everything I can from troubleshooters to uninstalling the driver and then restarting the laptop but this is still the case. What should I do to...
  10. Microphone can't detect

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone can't detect: I already try some methods for setting up my microphone. I can hear it in my headphone when I speak but when I try to set up in the control panel but it always say that "The Wizard could not start". I try to record but it say that I have to set up my microphone. When I check...