Windows 10: Microphone detected but no input sound

Discus and support Microphone detected but no input sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mic suddenly stopped working (it was working properly yesterday night). The input device is showing properly: [ATTACH] Windows even detects when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danikaze, Dec 5, 2018.

1. danikaze Win User

Microphone detected but no input sound

Mic suddenly stopped working (it was working properly yesterday night).

The input device is showing properly:

Microphone detected but no input sound 1f42e4f0-06f0-4264-8580-67989a20adc8?upload=true.png

Windows even detects when I connect it to the front or the back jack. So it's being detected properly.

Today I booted the computer and no sound was being captured.

Some environment data:

- The mic works fine (tested in a different computer)

- The output sound works fine (in all the possible outputs: headset by front/back jack, NVIDIA gfx to the monitor)

- As far as I know, no update was applied

- Motherboard model: ASUS ROG STRIX Z270F GAMING LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI DVI M.2 ATX Motherboard with USB 3.1

Tried:

- Installing sound drivers from ASUS site

- Installing drivers from windows device manager (nothing happened, already best ones installed)

- Uninstalling the sound device, restart, and let Windows detect the sound device + install drivers

- Installing the 2018-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4467682)

Microphone detected but no input sound 8a505e67-ef46-47fe-820e-bc0c79d1ecea?upload=true.png

Still not working...

:)

danikaze, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Poudingue Win User

Sound from input devices only detected when i listen to this device.

Hello,

I have a very strange bug happening here. At first i thought my microphone didn't work anymore, because the green vu-meter didn't react, and no software detected any input from it either.

So i tried a lot of fixes suggested on the internet, but discovered it was something stranger…

Even if i plugged my microphone in another sound card, or created a virtual input device, the sound was detected by the vu-meter only… When i activated «listen to this device». And even when i do this, no software accept the input, detecting absolutely no
    sound whatsoever.

I am still hesitating to reinstall windows entirely, but i wondered if there was a simpler solution before.

(Excuse me if some sentences are approximate, english is not my native language)

Poudingue, Dec 5, 2018
  3. JacenBoy Win User
    Microphone not detecting sound

I'm having issues with microphones on my computer not picking up sound. They appear in the device manager fine, but aren't detecting any sound.

This has occurred with several different microphones, including the built-in microphone, two USB microphones, and a 3.5mm microphone. Headphones and the speakers work fine as well.

I have tried reinstalling drivers and has noticed no difference. I have also confirmed that the microphones are unmuted in the sound options.

JacenBoy, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Microphone detected but no input sound

Microphone not detecting sound anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience this has caused. We'll be happy to assist you to fix this issue.

This issue might cause if Windows is not able to detect the microphone properly or if the device is disabled. Kindly follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Firstly, let's run the audio recording troubleshooter and check.

* In Windows search bar, type find and fix audio recording problems
    and run the troubleshooter to identify and solve the issue.

Method 2:

If this doesn't help, let's set the detected microphone as default recording device.

Step 1:

1) In the right corner of the taskbar, right-click audio icon and select sound.

2) With the dialog box opened, go to recordings tab and see if your current plugged-in microphone is listed indicated by a green check mark.

3) Choose the device and click or tap to set it as default.

Note: In the recording tab, right-click to check if there are any device disabled. click on show disabled device and proceed.

Step 2:

You may also troubleshoot by typing speech recognition in the search bar. Then, click on
    setup microphone and Windows will take you through few simple steps to make it work.

Hope this helps. If you have any queries, do get back to us.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Microphone detected but no input sound

1. Microphone detected but no input sound - Similar Threads - Microphone detected input

2. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  3. Microphone detected but no output of sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone detected but no output of sound: Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my...
  4. Microphone Inputs Not Working

Microphone Inputs Not Working: After a couple days if tinkering I finally managed to get the sound and mic inputs working for my new turtle beach headset. Alas, today I turned on my computer to find that, once again, the mic inputs are not registering any sound, either in the Sound menu or in programs like...
  5. Microphone doesn't input a sound

Microphone doesn't input a sound: I have a problem with my microphone, when I try to test recording mic doesn't input a sound but when I try this at my mobile device it's running well, can someone give me solution? I have try a lot troubleshooting test and try solve with solution in internet but no one work...
  6. Microphone Input Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Input Settings: I have called multiple customer support numbers and have had text chats with multiple employees but nothing has worked. I am on a Windows 10 desktop PC. It started when I wanted to talk in xbox party chat with my xbox friends on my PC, so i downloaded xbox and then my mic...
  7. No Microphone Input

No Microphone Input: So I just got my computer (built myself if that matters), and I can't get any microphones to work. I've tried the front and back microphone ports with multiple pairs of earbuds, as well as a USB headset. None of them work, but a little bit of static is input and recorded...
  8. Microphone detected, but no input signal.

Microphone detected, but no input signal.: I have been using a Yeti Blue microphone with my computer for years. The other day, I plugged in my PS4 controller to play games and immediately my microphone and speakers stopped working. After reading through forums, I found this to be because the controller has both a mic...
  9. Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone is not detected: I have a mic connected with a 3.5 mm jack of my gaming PC on Windows 10. It doesn’t work. When I checked the input device settings, I saw that my PC couldn’t detect the mic. What settings do I have to make?...
  10. No line-in microphone input

No line-in microphone input: Hi there. Yesterday a new microphone arrived, and I was excited to finally have a proper one. I plugged it in to my laptop and went to test things out, however I've noticed that my laptop doesn't seem to receive any input from it at all, despite it recognising that it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows headset no input sound

2. windows no mic input

3. mic is detected but no input

4. windows 10 mic detected but not working,
  5. no microphone detected,
  6. no sound from usb mic,
  7. windows no sound from speakers audio input,
  8. microphone setup wizard not detecting mic,
  9. mic has no output,
  10. microphone detected but not working,
  11. windows not detecting microphone input,