Windows 10: Microphone detected but no output of sound

Discus and support Microphone detected but no output of sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Masterchiefxx17, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

:)

Masterchiefxx17, Oct 6, 2019

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

3. Microphone detected but no output of sound

I did check here too. Recording tab in Sound shows my microphone, shows it enabled, and shows that it is not muted.

4. makesense Win User

Microphone detected but no output of sound

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Microphone detected but no output of sound

1. Microphone detected but no output of sound - Similar Threads - Microphone detected output

2. Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Detecting Sound Input or Output: I was attempting to watch a lecture video this morning and sound would not come out of my laptop's internal speakers. When I checked sound settings it said it found no audio devices. I ignored it and moved on because I could juts connect my bluetooth headphones and it worked....
  3. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  4. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  5. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Detected microphone but no input sound

Detected microphone but no input sound: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I have searched up many similar questions but cannot find the solution. I just built a new desktop PC with newly installed Windows 10. I am using a headphone splitter to connect my headset to the desktop front panel. Some things to note: - All drivers...
  7. Microphone sound not detected

Microphone sound not detected: I´ve had this problem since I reinstalled windows on my PC. I´ve connected several microphones through the frond jacks and rear ones, but it doesn´t seem to recognise any sound. I´ve also tried this on other apps such as discord, but it still doesn´t work. I reinstalled the...
  8. Microphones Detected But No Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphones Detected But No Sound: I have been trying multiple mics, and they are all recognized, but no program, including windows' test function are able to get any sound. I've tried 1 mic and 2 webcams. The webcams can display video but not audio. And yes, I changed the setting under privacy to let...
  9. Output sound being deteced by microphone

Output sound being deteced by microphone: Ive been struggling with the desktop sound being heard by my firends when im in call with them on discord, I have read many different forums about how to fix this, but all of them have the same awnser that doesnt work. If anyone has a solution and can share it please do, its...
  10. Microphone detected but no input sound

Microphone detected but no input sound: Mic suddenly stopped working (it was working properly yesterday night). The input device is showing properly: [ATTACH] Windows even detects when I connect it to the front or the back jack. So it's being detected properly. Today I booted the computer and no sound was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone is detected but picks up no sound

2. mic recognised but picking up no sound

3. windows detects microphone but no sound