Windows 10: Microphone detected but no output of sound

Discus and support Microphone detected but no output of sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB. Windows sees the device,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Masterchiefxx17, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

:)

Masterchiefxx17, Oct 6, 2019

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

3. Microphone detected but no output of sound

I did check here too. Recording tab in Sound shows my microphone, shows it enabled, and shows that it is not muted.

4. makesense Win User

Microphone detected but no output of sound

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Microphone detected but no output of sound

1. Microphone detected but no output of sound - Similar Threads - Microphone detected output

2. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  3. Microphone records input and output

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone records input and output: I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks. When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other...
  4. no built in microphone detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no built in microphone detected: on board microphone disappeared after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-built-in-microphone-detected/df04c449-f1d5-418d-b8dc-e0cef397e3da
  5. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...
  6. No Sound Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Sound Output: Hi, I've been experiencing sound issues with my ASUS laptop on Windows 10. Everytime I plug in an earphone or speaker via the audio jack, the computer detects and asks what I've just plugged in but upon selecting the device, there is no sound output. Music continues to play...
  7. Laptop is not detecting microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop is not detecting microphone: I have Rig 600 headphones and I’ve purchased a new laptop. Tried to connect my headphones and a mic. However my laptop don’t see the headphones when they are plugged in....
  8. Microphone detected but no input sound

Microphone detected but no input sound: Mic suddenly stopped working (it was working properly yesterday night). The input device is showing properly: [ATTACH] Windows even detects when I connect it to the front or the back jack. So it's being detected properly. Today I booted the computer and no sound was...
  9. no output devices detected

no output devices detected: after updating Windows 10 I get the error message that no audio output or input devises found. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-devices-detected/f5991ae8-cdeb-4066-9208-ef1cc4e58754
  10. Microphone is not detected

Microphone is not detected: I have a mic connected with a 3.5 mm jack of my gaming PC on Windows 10. It doesn’t work. When I checked the input device settings, I saw that my PC couldn’t detect the mic. What settings do I have to make?...