Windows 10: Microphone detected but not picking up sound

Discus and support Microphone detected but not picking up sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/End0xx, Nov 8, 2019.

1. /u/End0xx Win User

Microphone detected but not picking up sound

My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows.

Now that I did a fresh reinstall, for some reason the computer recognizes the mic and knows it's there but it isn't picking up any sound for some reason. Also every output is fine. I know this cannot be a driver related issue at least assuming so because I just got a fresh install with the same things as before it worked. Even when I installed windows again, I intentionally just downloaded the audio drivers from my motherboard vendors website to make sure nothing else will interfere and if it will, I know which application/driver might cause it if any. I do have microphone enabled from Windows privacy settings as well.

I tried playing around in sound settings, disabling enchantments, making sure it's the loudest it can get and the default mic for everything, configured different ports to mic-in to see if it changes anything but nothing. Not even another working mic seem to have any input on this computer now for some reason. I even tried the front panel connections, but nothing. It's baffling me. I've the Realtek UADriver, and I configure it all from Realtek Audio Console.

Is there something I'm missing? I didn't have this problem before, albeit I've had problems with configuring ports earlier but it shouldn't be an issue now. I'm using a headset with a splitter cable, and my other mic isn't USB so I cannot test if that would fix it, albeit there should be a solution to this current issue that doesn't involve a USB connector.

submitted by /u/End0xx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/End0xx, Nov 8, 2019

2. Microphone detected but no output of sound

Hey,

I'm out of ideas. I have an XLR condenser microphone that connects to a preamp that then connects to my PC via USB.

Windows sees the device, I've reinstall drivers, the latest Windows update, and all of the normal things I can think of. The premap shows that my microphone is picking up sound, but I get no output to any application or Windows itself.

Any thoughts here or suggestions?

Masterchiefxx17, Nov 8, 2019
  3. JacenBoy Win User
    Microphone not detecting sound

I'm having issues with microphones on my computer not picking up sound. They appear in the device manager fine, but aren't detecting any sound.

This has occurred with several different microphones, including the built-in microphone, two USB microphones, and a 3.5mm microphone. Headphones and the speakers work fine as well.

I have tried reinstalling drivers and has noticed no difference. I have also confirmed that the microphones are unmuted in the sound options.

JacenBoy, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

Microphone is picking up the laptop's sounds.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10.

I understand your concern about using Microphone as expected on Windows 10, we will assist you with this issue.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

• Right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select the
      Recording Devices menu.

• In the Recording
      tab of Sounds window, you will notice the microphone which is active, i.e. the one with a green tick mark. Right click on the active microphone and select its
      Properties.

• Select the Levels Tab. This tab exhibits you two sections:
      Microphone andMicrophone Boost.

• Use the sliders to modify your volume settings. You can take the Microphone Boost slider up to +40 dB. To save the changes click on Ok.

If you do the modification while the conversation goes on then you will get the immediate feedback of the output sound from the end user and so you can adjust the volume using the sliders as per requirement.

Method 2:

• Right click on Start to open the Power User Menu.

• Click on Control panel and then on
      Sound.

• Click on the Communication tab in the sound window. You will see four options under
      When Windows detects Communication activities.

• Click on the radio button next to
      Do nothing. Click on Apply and then
      OK. You might need to restart the computer to implement the changes.

Hope it helps. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Microphone detected but not picking up sound

1. Microphone detected but not picking up sound - Similar Threads - Microphone detected picking

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  4. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  5. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Detected but not picking up audio: iv been having no problems untell this morning pc can see and interact with my built in mic and my head set mic but cant hear them all setting say there working and the mic troubleshooter only gives an error code 0x80004003i dont understand why my mic all the sudden dont work...
  6. Microphone Detected but not picking up audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My microphone picks up no sound!

My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  8. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  9. Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up

Microphone being detected by windows but no sound is being picked up: So I have been having issues with new computer trying to get my microphone sorted. I have a Turtle Beach wired headset and have an audio splitter connecting it to my desktop. I first tried the front panel connectors and then tried the audio panel on the motherboard at the...
  10. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone is detected but picks up no sound

2. microphone not picking up sound

3. windows microphone not picking up sound

4. windows 10 microphone is getting detected but it doesnt pick up any sound on Audacity,
  5. microphone picking up but,
  6. windows 10 microphone not picking up sound,
  7. zoom microphone not picking up sound,
  8. mic isnt picking up sound,
  9. mic isnt picking up noise,
  10. windows doesnt pick up mic,
  11. microphone on laptop only picks up voice not other sounds like music,
  12. no sound noise microphone,
  13. windows wont pick up microphone audio,
  14. microphone not picking up sound unless yell,
  15. microphone not picking up audio