Windows 10: Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

Discus and support Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10, using Realtek Audio Ok here's what I've what's happening and what I've tried- my headset mic stopped, which uses the 3.5mm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ObitoM, Apr 18, 2020.

1. ObitoM Win User

Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

I'm on Windows 10, using Realtek Audio

Ok here's what I've what's happening and what I've tried-

my headset mic stopped, which uses the 3.5mm jacks on my PC. Audio comes into the headphones fine, but the mic isn't detecting my voice. I figured maybe the mic on my headphones had died; annoying but not a big deal. Waited til my next paycheck and bought a nice fancy USB headset. Same issue. I tested both headsets on a different computer- the mics work fine on it, only on my PC does the mic not work. The microphone appears in the Recording Devices menu, but no levels/green bars fluctuate when I speak into the mic.

To recap my troubleshooting steps so far-

I've tried two different headsets- one with a pair of 3.5mm jacks, one with USB. Both are detected in Recording Devices, but neither work. Both mics work on other computers and with my phone. Just for clarity, I use them individually- I had one headset, then when the issue first popped up I bought another, thinking the mic had died. Audio plays fine, just the mic doesn't work.

The device is enabled in the Sound menu. No levels the green bar that should rise and fall when it detects sound are detected in the Recording Devices menu.

My Privacy Options have been checked, my mic is listed as "on" and all apps have access to my mic. I've tried Troubleshoot in the Windows Settings menu under Sound but I get the message "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

Tried using the Troubleshoot button in Windows, but no problem is detected.

My headset/microphone appears in my Device Manager.

All drivers are updated, both for my soundcard and for the microphone/headsets themselves.

I've also tried re-installing windows without any change, and I've tried plugging both mics into different ports I have several USB ports and 2 different sets of 3.5mm ports, neither worked with the mics.I've tried downloading drivers from the manufacturers of my mic as well.

I have no clue what else to check. Volume is up, mute is not on, and again- both microphones I've tested work on other devices. The sound from the computer comes in fine, but I cannot get any microphone to work, even though it is detected.

If you need any additional info from me to possibly troubleshoot this issue, feel free to ask and I will deliver. Thanks for any and all support on this! I really, really want to use my mic again!

:)

ObitoM, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Apr 18, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

FreeBooter, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

1. Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work - Similar Threads - Microphone detected mic

2. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic is detected but not working: No audio input device is detected in my computer while using teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-detected-but-not-working/d1c5800b-94c9-4313-9916-e3085d952741
  3. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic is detected but not working: No audio input device is detected in my computer while using teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-is-detected-but-not-working/d1c5800b-94c9-4313-9916-e3085d952741
  4. Mic is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Mic doesn't work

Mic doesn't work: I was playing video games, when unexpectedly my computer crashed. It wasn't responding at all, all I could do was move my mouse, that's all. I pressed ctrl+alt+del and it didn't react at all. The PC just froze. So I turned it off by holding the power ON button. When I turned...
  6. Mic is detected but not working

Mic is detected but not working: Heloo everyonei ı am having prroblems with my mic. Windows detects mic also the realtek software detects mic but its not working. The problem is not with the mic since ı use it with other devices whic works fine. When ı make sound there is no change in the sound bar as...
  7. Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work

Headseat headphones not detected but it works: mic not detected but doesn't work: I just bought a new headset and I've had problems with my audio jack but somehow fixed it after days of looking. My headset isn't detected at all but the sound goes through while the mic on the headset just doesn't work and neither show up in disabled devices either. What can...
  8. Mic not working/detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working/detected: My friend recently built a pc, everything went fine till he plugged in his headset, it wasnt detected, no audio no mic. He then called MSI (motherboard maker) and they said to connect it from the rear, the audio worked but no mic. We tried everything but nothing worked, he...
  9. Mic doesn't work

Mic doesn't work: I bought a new microphone jack 3.5 and my computer doesn't pick any sound. This problem already happened to me with earbuds with microphone that's why I bought a new mic. I tried everything I found on internet: Updating drivers, activating microphone on privacy tab on...
  10. Mic detected but doesn't record sound.

Mic detected but doesn't record sound.: Recently I decided to use my headset for recording purposes. I haven't used it in over 9 months until now. Everything connects and works normally except for the mic. It detects when the mic is plugged in, but doesn't record any audio. Please don't give me stereo typical "Mic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. blue snowball doesnt work on laptop