Windows 10: Microphone detected by Windows but not programs and apps

Discus and support Microphone detected by Windows but not programs and apps in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Community,All of a sudden, my microphone has stopped working. It is detected by the Sound panel in Settings and Control Panel, but installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Manuel_Infosec, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Microphone detected by Windows but not programs and apps

Hi Community,All of a sudden, my microphone has stopped working. It is detected by the Sound panel in Settings and Control Panel, but installed applications cannot receive input from it. It is a built-in Realtek Microphone ArrayIt receives input from my voice, but programs do not. For example, Voice Recorder. I visited the "Microphone" Privacy settings and done all I could do there by giving appropriate permissions to the installed apps. But nothing still seems to work. I am entirely confused on this. By the way, I connected the external microphone that is there in the screenshot after, and it

:)

Manuel_Infosec, Jul 10, 2021

2. Microphone detected by windows but mic doesn't work

same happened to and this solved it, good luck

If you're having trouble with your microphone, let's start by making sure your microphone has full permission to run in Windows. If your microphone is no longer detected after updating Windows 10, you may need to give apps permission to use it.

• To let apps access the microphone, select the Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone.

• Under "Allow access to the microphone on this device", it should state, "Microphone access for this device is on." Select the
      Change button to make sure the setting is set to
      On.

• Then make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is also set to On.

• After allowing access to the microphone, you can choose which apps can access these features under Choose which apps can access your microphone.

sylwiawawrzynczak, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Microphone detected by Windows but not programs and apps

Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Microphone detected by Windows but not programs and apps

1. Microphone detected by Windows but not programs and apps - Similar Threads - Microphone detected programs

2. No microphones are detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphones are detected.: When I connect my headphones to my laptop, the microphone is not detected by the system. I tried to test it in the settings but the device wasn't even on the list. I tested the headphones on my phone and everything worked fine. Also, the default laptop microphone doesn't work...
  3. Microphone detected, but not working in programs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone detected, but not working in programs.: I'm trying to use my microphone in programs such as Audacity and Discord, but it's not working. It detects voice activity in the settings, though. I've tried different mics, nothing. I've restarted and shut down my laptop 3 times, nada. Microphone access IS turned on in the...
  4. Microphone detected, but not working in programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone detected, but not working in programs.: I'm trying to use my microphone in programs such as Audacity and Discord, but it's not working. It detects voice activity in the settings, though. I've tried different mics, nothing. I've restarted and shut down my laptop 3 times, nada. Microphone access IS turned on in the...
  5. Microphone detected, but not working in programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10, Microphone detected but not working in apps

Windows 10, Microphone detected but not working in apps: Hello,So a few days ago, everything was working properly until it just suddenly stopped. First, discord stopped detecting any input from my headset, but bluetooth earphones still worked. But now, everything has stopped working. In settings, apps have permission to use the...
  7. Windows not detecting microphone

Windows not detecting microphone: Yesterday I noticed that Windows does not detect the built-in microphone of my 2in1 tablet, even though it had been working properly before that. I tried to connect mobile-phone earphones with small built-in microphone and this was not detected either....
  8. Microphone detected, but not working in programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected, but not working in programs: When I try to use my microphone in Discord or Steam games, there is no input. Apparently, they detect the mic, but they don't pick up any sound. When I listen to the device though, I can hear my voice. submitted by /u/MinxV2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Microphone not detected

Microphone not detected: I've just bought a microphone for recording vocals for songs, and it works with my amp, or any other audio device but not with my laptop. It has a 6.3mm jack however I bought an adapter. I plugged it in the microphone/headphone slot, and the laptop/Windows doesn't detect it....
  10. microphone wont work its detected but no programs will work.

microphone wont work its detected but no programs will work.: hello. i was using my microphones just fine an hour ago and suddenly it stopped working. i use a windows 10 pro laptop and it just stopped with no explanation. i have tried running troubleshooters, updating drivers, allowing my mic for use in privacy settings. a few other...