Windows 10: Microphone Detection Problem

Discus and support Microphone Detection Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i got hyper x mic recently, i havent connected any kind of hyper x mic before. But strangely when i connect the new mic through usb, it detected as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LucySue1464, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Microphone Detection Problem

Hi, i got hyper x mic recently, i havent connected any kind of hyper x mic before. But strangely when i connect the new mic through usb, it detected as "4" on the recording sound setting. How can i resolve this issue?

:)

LucySue1464, Nov 22, 2022

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Microphone on Headphones Not Detected (Windows 10)

I gave you many steps to force the headset microphone to show up. They would take more than an hour to perform, plus the way a forums works is interactively so we don't just give up after the first post but use feedback about your results to suggest more
    steps.

See also fixes here that are working for microphones not detected:

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Microphone Detection Problem

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Microphone Detection Problem

1. Microphone Detection Problem - Similar Threads - Microphone Detection Problem

2. No microphones are detected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No microphones are detected.: When I connect my headphones to my laptop, the microphone is not detected by the system. I tried to test it in the settings but the device wasn't even on the list. I tested the headphones on my phone and everything worked fine. Also, the default laptop microphone doesn't work...
  3. Microphone Detection Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detection Problem: Hi, i got hyper x mic recently, i havent connected any kind of hyper x mic before. But strangely when i connect the new mic through usb, it detected as "4" on the recording sound setting. How can i resolve this issue?...
  4. Microphone Detection Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Detection Problem: Hi, i got hyper x mic recently, i havent connected any kind of hyper x mic before. But strangely when i connect the new mic through usb, it detected as "4" on the recording sound setting. How can i resolve this issue?...
  5. Microphone is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is not detected: I have a 1 year old laptop. And it doesn't have any issues since then. I'm just surprised that when I attended my online meeting, the microphone is no longer detected. This microphone is built in and all drivers are all updated. What to do?...
  6. Microphone not detected problem

Microphone not detected problem: Hello! I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 running on Windows 10. I have this problem that I cannot use my microphone. I plug in my earphone and I can listen to music normally but the microphone is apparently not detected as it keeps showing "not plugged in" although I did. Before, I...
  7. problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem in detecting headphone/microphone/earphone: my dell inspiron_3593 is not detecting earphone. I don't listen any sound on any earphone and headphones. Can you suggest me any drivers to install or any idea to fix it out. Thank you....
  8. Problems with detecting a microphone on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with detecting a microphone on my laptop.: So for more than 3 years, I've been using an Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-53). More the majority of this time, I've been using cheap earbuds or BlueTooth speakers for audio, and the mic that is inside the laptop for talking with friends. Recently, I noticed the mic on my laptop had...
  9. Microphone detected as Headphones problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected as Headphones problem: Hello everyone, sorry if this is not the right place to post this but I'm having problems on my laptop. I have a hp spectre x360 and now that I moved city bc of uni I brough my headphones/microphone with me from my main pc. Since this laptop is an ultrabook it only has a...
  10. Microphone not detected

Microphone not detected: I've just bought a microphone for recording vocals for songs, and it works with my amp, or any other audio device but not with my laptop. It has a 6.3mm jack however I bought an adapter. I plugged it in the microphone/headphone slot, and the laptop/Windows doesn't detect it....