Windows 10: Microphone Disabled?

Discus and support Microphone Disabled? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; **POSTED UNDER SECURITY & PRIVACY BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE MIC PERMISSIONS ARE LOCATED, IT IS NOT A SOUND ISSUE** Up until 7 hours ago I had headphones... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ruby.., Jul 24, 2018.

1. Ruby.. Win User

Microphone Disabled?

**POSTED UNDER SECURITY & PRIVACY BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE MIC PERMISSIONS ARE LOCATED, IT IS NOT A SOUND ISSUE**

Up until 7 hours ago I had headphones with a faulty mic. To prevent my mic from turning its self of unprompted, a few months ago I completely disabled my microphone in the Discord desktop application. I just got a new headset and wanted to finally be able to turn my mic on. But I cannot find ANY way to re-enable my microphone for this one app. I've completely deleted and reinstalled it (twice) and have spent the past 4 hours in Microsoft settings trying to troubleshoot it myself. It took me 2 minutes in privacy settings to disable it, but now I can not find any way to undo it. I cannot edit my Microsoft privacy preferences for Discord in Microsoft even though that's where I changed them. I've tried every sound setting there is is I've spent an hour on youtube its almost 1am and I am so frustrated. If I can't get it to work soon I'll have to do a factory reset on my computer but that's really my last resort.

:)

Ruby.., Jul 24, 2018
  2. hellrazor Win User

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Microphone Disabled?

USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Microphone Disabled?

1. Microphone Disabled? - Similar Threads - Microphone Disabled

2. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  3. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update: Split from this thread. My Microphone keeps getting disabled after this update, if have to go in settings and manually turn it on every time it disconnects, and it disconnects quite often....
  4. Microphone keeps getting disabled after Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it: This year on Dec 25th when i got a new headset and set it up everything was fine, Until i noticed that on one specific app windows has stopped allowing access for my microphone to be used. All my settings are configured properly. Recording and playback devices are set...
  6. Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it

Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it: This year on Dec 25th when i got a new headset and set it up everything was fine, Until i noticed that on one specific app windows has stopped allowing access for my microphone to be used. All my settings are configured properly. Recording and playback devices are set...
  7. Windows is disabling access to DayZ's microphone, and there is no other way to change it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why does my microphone disable itself every time I chance its status to allow for windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my microphone disable itself every time I chance its status to allow for windows...: I’m trying to use my built in microphone for proctorio and I noticed it wasn’t detecting a microphone. When I went to my settings I saw that on “allow windows and apps to use” it was set to don’t allow. However, as soon as I moved the slider to “allow” it disabled my...
  9. Why does my microphone disable itself every time I chance its status to allow for windows...

Why does my microphone disable itself every time I chance its status to allow for windows...: I’m trying to use my built in microphone for proctorio and I noticed it wasn’t detecting a microphone. When I went to my settings I saw that on “allow windows and apps to use” it was set to don’t allow. However, as soon as I moved the slider to “allow” it disabled my...
  10. How do I disable the feature that mutes all audio when I'm in an app that uses my microphone?

How do I disable the feature that mutes all audio when I'm in an app that uses my microphone?: I just got a new computer and I've been experiencing issues with the audio. Whenever I open an app that uses my microphone, all of the other sounds on the computer are automatically muted. I'm using a Bluetooth headset and I have windows 10. I've tried various solutions to...