Windows 10: Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you are someone who attends a lot of virtual meetings then Microphones not working properly can degrade your experience. Therefore, in this article,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 11, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10

If you are someone who attends a lot of virtual meetings then Microphones not working properly can degrade your experience. Therefore, in this article, we present you with some of the simplest solutions to fix Microphones distorted and making noise in Windows 10. Microphone distorted and making static noises These are some of the things […]

This article Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 11, 2021
  2. Nquit Win User

Microphone distorted, and making noises Windows 10

Hey Akheel Achmed.

Like i stated in my first message, i have tried to install all the different sound card drivers, like i used the newest from REALTEK, and even the one that was placed on the motherboard manufactures. Furthermore it was set to Default last i tried this..
    And yes my microphone is active.

HOW would it otherwise be able to make noise, when i'm listening to the device?

I can hear my microphone, getting the input through the Listening to device. But it's distorted, and scratchy... I can make a little of what im saying out.. but it's still like distored, not as if you were only having microphone boost on.. but simply it
    makes scratchy and distorting noises..

Tho if i use a USB microphone this won't happen.

Best regard

Nquit, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Nquit Win User
    Microphone distorted, and making noises Windows 10

Nquit, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10

Microphone making a noise

Hi @ThunderdragonRs ,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10

This issue might be because of settings related to Microphone.

The issue cab be resolved by making Microphone as the default device and updating the sound card drivers.

Let's ensure that the microphone that you are using is not disabled and is set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

a. Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b. Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c. Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.

d. You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

You can also refer to the following link, which has troubleshooting related to “No Sound”.

No sound in Windows (Steps referred in the following link are applicable to Windows 10 as well).

For reference follow the below link by Niranjan. M

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...

The solution to this problem seems to be moving around. It started here and moved to here... and it has moved again!

You can fix the problem of distorted microphone input on Asus computers running Windows 10 by following these instructions:

right-click on the Speaker icon in the bottom right

Select Recording devices

right-click on the Microphone symbol

Select Properties

Click on the Microphone Effects tab

Check the Disable Microphone Enhancements box

Click OK

For reference follow the below link by mike the stick man:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Hope this is helpful.

Reply us back with any query with windows.

Thank you.

jecorrea888, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10

1. Microphone distorted and making noises in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone distorted making

2. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  3. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microphone making static noise: My Onikuma k19 headset is making a static noise while i want to record my voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microphone-making-static-noise/9146e064-198f-47b9-b4e2-dfc4f9f6933f
  4. My Microphone making static noise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My microphone is not working. It just makes weird noise.

My microphone is not working. It just makes weird noise.: My microphone suddenly was not working 3 weeks ago and I couldn't fix it. I have tried to reinstall the driver Realtek / update my Windows / replug the microphone but none of them is working for me. It's just making a weird noise. I even bought a new mic but the same problem...
  6. Microphone making static noise...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  7. Microphone making static noise...

Microphone making static noise...: Hi! I'm having trouble with my current headset... it is a Razer Kraken and I had no issues with it, until I upgraded my rig with a new gpu, and motherboard. Ever since, the microphone only makes a static noise. I've already updated my sound drivers, through windows and the...
  8. Windows 10 Webcam microphone making noise while on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Webcam microphone making noise while on: How do I adjust the webcam microphone in Windows 10 so it doesn't make noise when it's on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-webcam-microphone-making-noise-while-on/e1842fa0-2f83-415b-8e88-8ce62be220ae
  9. Microphone making a noise

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone making a noise: Microphone is making a noise while I'm recording in voice recorder app on windowss 10 On 48000Hz 24 bit quality very suddenly this happend. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-making-a-noise/7b0299d7-4515-4d59-b10d-9f18228f6854
  10. Static noises / distortion in audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Static noises / distortion in audio: I have a problem with static noises / distortion in my speakers, after launching PC these noises appears right away while I play some videos or music. I found the only way to remove them - is restarting PC, after that, all noises disappears. But this solution is not enough...